Consumption of chicken - IELTS WRITTING TASK 1: LINE GRAPH

phuong171100 1 / -  

the consumption of fish and different kinds of meat

The line graph illustrates the amount of fish and various types of meat in European nation over a period of twenty-five years.

Overall, there was a considerable increase in the amount of chicken consumed, and in addition to this, the European expended the least on fish during the examined period.

In 1979, around 220 grams of beef was consumed while the consumption of chicken and lamp were nearly 150 grams. In contrast, many Europeans chose negligible amount of fish which its figure was approximately 52 grams. Over the following five years, it is clear that various kinds of meat such as beef and lamp saw a downward trend, around 160 grams and 120 grams respectively. The amount of fish also declined slightly below 50 grams. In contrast, the consumption of chicken had a gradual rise by 10 grams per week.

Between 1984 and 2004, the consumption of chicken experienced a significant surge and overtook other nutrition as the primary nourishment in Europe, before reaching the peak at 250 grams. Reversely, beef and lamp consumption fell rapidly which its respective figures were approximately 120 grams and 52 grams only. The expenditure on fish stabilized at the number of European consumers over the last years.

• Here's the topic
A listing of the data for comparison should be indicated in the summary overview. The listing is used to assist the reader when reading the trending summary in the next part of the presentation. Without the previous listing, the reason for indicating the number of items in the summary becomes unimportant and irrelevant. Only when the complete listing is included does the importance of the high and low trends in the general trending statement become useful in the presentation.

With regards to the trending statement, the writer should follow the line trend in the creation of the report. A trend is composed of the high and low measurements in the graph. So the mention should be for the highest and lowest points in the graph, even if the items to be indicated are not the same. Additionally, the reference to European in the trending paragraph is out of place. The writer was referring to the region itself, which is Europe, the residents are called Europeans. He was referring to the country rather than the people so the regional reference should have been used instead. He may have also used the reference "European market" instead to clearly refer to the sales of the items within the region.

He must take more care when writing and reporting on terms from the image. There is no "lamp" indicated. The sales of "lamb" were discussed though. These types of spelling errors are the kind that show a lack of proof reading, editing, and disinterest in providing a paper that will score highly. The errors here indicate that the writer is not interested in getting a passing score, he just wants to complete the test.

The first completion of writing is known as the draft. The writer is expected to review his writing for spelling errors and sentence improvements. He must correct those errors. Then, he must revierw it again for polishing with additional information that may have been missed the first time and other mistakes that might have previously been missed. Another correction should follow after this. Only after a 2 review process should the writer be a bit confident to pass the paper for grading. Do not just aim to complete the writing. Aim to complete a properly proof-read and edited paper for a higher passing score.

Home / Writing Feedback / Consumption of chicken - IELTS WRITTING TASK 1: LINE GRAPH