TASK 1 : council donation for book club members

Iforsa 35 / 54 5  
Topic :
The graph below shows how much money a city council gave to the book clubs over a four-year period.

Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

You should write at least 150 words

The graph illustrates amount of money to book members which is given by a city council and the number of book club fellows. It shows the trends over the past four years. It is noticeable that, there was a lot of fluctuations between money donation and the members of book club.

According to the chart, from first year to second year, there was a contradictory trend between amount of money from city council and book club fellows. While amount of money increased slightly from £20.000 to £25.000, the number of book fellows decreased steadily, by 1000 members.

The most significant fact to emerge from the graph is the amount of money given and number of book club fellows increased significantly in third year, by £17.500 and 5000 respectively. In forth year, money given by city council decreased suddenly by £5.000. On the other hand, the number of book members increased slightly by 2000 fellows. Amount of money donation did not have direct correlation with number of book club members.

ichanpants89 [Contributor] 16 / 777 309  
Hi Sofi, I would like to focus on the details of each paragraph in your essay. I hope this would be helpful.

1st paragraph:
- The graph illustrates the amount of money tofor book members (...) number of book at club fellows.
- Overall, it is noticeable that, there was a lot ofwere some fluctuations between money ...
(but, are you really sure that the overview is just "fluctuations" like this? this can be considered as "no clear overview" and drag your band score down to 5.0. You can focus on the faults/fractures. Perhaps be more specific on the beginning, middle, and the end of the period)

2nd paragraph:
- According to the chart, from the first year to the second year, there was an oppositecontradictory(inappropriate collocation) trend between the amount of money...

- I have an additional reminder for you and for everyone who read this. Please keep in mind that you need to create a paragraph for at least 3 sentences in each. The idea is to have you present the complete understanding about the chart / graph that you are going to describe. This is one of the major scoring systems that need to be fulfilled.

That's it Sofi, I hope you can follow through the feedback given. Mind the above-mentioned feedback to help you achieve the desirable score in the future test. Good luck for that :)
muathuthattuyet 5 / 4  
The graph illustrates amount of money to book members ... -----> The line chart illustrates the changes in the number of book club members as well as the amount of money given to these clubs by a city council over a four-year period.

It is noticeable that, there was a lot of fluctuations between ... -----> The most noticeable feature of the chart is the significant increase in the money donation and the members of book clubs.

According to the chart, from first year to second year, there ... ---->During the first two years, while there was a slight rise in council donations from £20.000 to £25.000, a minimal decrease by 1000 can be seen in the number of people attending book clubs.
Fadhilahumar91 61 / 73 6  
hi,,

It shows the trends over thepast four years
there was a lot of fluctuation trend between ...
(i think it is not fluctuation, but upward trend)

... to second year, there was a contradictoryopposite trend between amount of ...
WhileWhen the amount of money increased ...

thank you

Home / Writing Feedback / TASK 1 : council donation for book club members