countries should produce food for their populations to eat and import as little as possible

hiuhiu 1 / -  
It is sometimes said that countries should produce food for their populations to eat and import as little as possible. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

It is sometimes argued that many countries should prioritize domestic food production and minimize imports. While I understand the logic behind this suggestion. I still firmly disagree with it for sveral reasons.

Those who believe that each country need prioritization of domestic food production and restrict to import it may have several reasons. They may well argue that the population has increased rapidly, which leads to food shortages in the not too distance future. For instance, each family has about 2 or 3 children due to the policies in their country. This may double or trible the populations and be responsible for the fact that there are more and more poor people and homelessness will appear. Another possible argument is that there is a rate of industrialisation in many developed and developing countries leading to a decline of agriculture. There are more industrial factories attracting people and making them leave countrysides, farms to go to cities, which may cause the lack of labour in farming and harvesting.

Nevertheless, I still disagree that food manufacture is necessary and minimized imported food is important in some countries for several factors . Chief among these is that some social problem can lower population growth. Variety of issues like same-sex marriage, abortion, teen suicide are not only not causing an increase in populations but also a decrease in it. This may significantly contribute to the decline of population growth. The second reason is that the governments are introduced many policies which provide more opportunities for workers to develope agriculture. These policies will encourage them to farm, thereby giving financial incentives to employees during their work.

In conclusion, it is understandable why may argue that some countries need to manufacture and minimized imported food due to their domestic demand. However, I cannot support such a view given aforementioned reasons.

Holt  Educational Consultant - / 15153 4857  
It is not important to the reviewer that you explain why people might support the point of view that opposes your own. He does not care why other people would support a certain point of view. What he would like to see is why your opinion should be considered the correct one. What strong reasons do you have for your point of view? These reasons should be explained over 2 paragraphs. Or, you should have explained why the existing point of view, that opposes yours is incorrect. That is why the reviewer is looking for. Since you did not fully support your opinion, he will be forced to score your essay on an under developed explanation consideration which, could lead to a low passing score for you.

Home / Writing Feedback / countries should produce food for their populations to eat and import as little as possible
Need help with your assignments? Fill out one of these forms: