Countries should not replace their traditional culture with modern culture.

tien_112 1 / -  

Countries should not replace their traditional culture with modern culture

Traditional culture plays a vitally important role in the existence of a country. Many consider that modern culture can not take over traditional culture. In my opinion, I fully agree with the above statement, and this essay aims to present reasons for my agreement.

First of all, traditional culture attaches to the developed history (rooted in the country's history, religious beliefs, and customs) and it holds the values of a nation. These values become national identities. People from over the world can recognize this country through its traditions. One of the most significant Vietnamese festivals that can be taken as a typical example of the traditional culture is Lunar New Year and Banh Chung is mentioned as a special traditional food of Viet Nam that people would make during the Vietnamese Tet holiday. Some examples in other countries such as Kungfu, a traditional Chinese martial art, or Hinduism, the largest religion in India, or Sumo, a traditional sport that has a history of over 1500 years in Japan. In short, a country does not have traditions, does not have history, does not have present and future also.

Besides the importance of the traditional culture of a country, the modern culture also plays an indispensable role as the traditional culture in the cultural integration period. Modern cultures help people broaden their horizons by exposing them to new knowledge, and cultures in different countries, therefore, if people have a selective perception, they enhance their awareness of happiness, self-worth, lawful rights and interests,.... Removing backward social biases such as sexism, classicism, racism, and superstitious makes people more comfortable and happier. A country changes traditions that are no longer suited to the modern period so it makes that country can adapt to and has a long-term development in the globalization process.

In conclusion, modern culture actually can not replace the traditional culture of a country but in cultural integration, modern culture and traditional culture can complement each other to give a country access to advanced values and maintain the national's sustainable development.
I cannot honestly review this essay based on the scoring criteria due to the extremely long essay that does not reflect the actual writing skills of the exam taker in a timed writing scenario. You have not taken the time to consider the scoring considerations that will be adversely affected by your incorrect writing focus. Always use less words to explain yourself better. That is the aim of the task 2 essay. It should reflect your ability to write a believable argument, based upon the cohesiveness and coherence of your presentation. You will gain more points for using less words, up to 300 words, to explain yourself. Anything more than that will subject you to various deductions and writing penalties already.

Home / Writing Feedback / Countries should not replace their traditional culture with modern culture.