A creation of the mind - "Imagination" essay

bugsy444 1 / -  
In short, to "Imagine", is to reason. Imagining is to the mind, what beating is to the heart, a cavalier, incognizant, untamable reflex; so why write an essay on the basis of such a monotonous concept, the answer is simple, I do not intend to. My favorite word is, "Imagination". You see whilst to imagine is to take a step to preserving life, it is imagination that qualifies us to imagine. People fear the feral nature of the mind, because its capacity is endless, it encompasses every feeling ever felt, every thought ever had, and yet still opens its doors to the unknown. The untrained mind is a beautiful thing, because it holds no prejudice, it is saturated with one's most sincere and candid beliefs, it is so true unto itself that one must solicit the mind to liberate the words to speak. If the makings of the mind could be projected for all to see, a whole new life would be born, broadening the spectrum from romantic to sinister idealism, with all in between having their essence crudely accentuated.

Though it is fascinating to delve into the depths of the mind, "Imagination" is to each its own, and for the absence of an oral medium, we must make our peace with the words we speak. "Imagination" in its truest, most organic form, is too innocent and naďve to feature in reality. If there is a world outside the one we live in, then let it be a creation of the mind, for in the words of John Lennon "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one".
"so why write an essay on the basis of such a monotonous concept, the answer is simple, I do not intend to." But you do. I mean, you have. This makes no sense.

"The untrained mind is a beautiful thing, because it holds no prejudice." Actually, the untrained mind is far more likely to prejudiced than the trained one, because it has not learned the intellectual tools necessary to sort out false arguments from true, or to distinguish emotional impulses from rational thought.

Your thoughts seem a bit scattered and unfocused. Perhaps you should revise, thinking about the etymology of the word "imagine." Where does the word come from? What is its root? What does this tell us about the nature of the faculty of imagination? Why might Wordsworth praise this faculty in his poem "Weak is the will of man?" Etc.
In short, to "Imagine", is to reason. Imagining is to the mind, what beating is to the heart, a cavalier, incognizant, untamable reflex; so why write an essay on the basis of such a monotonous concept?, the answer is simple, I do not intend to.

Maybe this is better, above.

You see, while to imagine is to take a step to preserving life, it is imagination that qualifies us to imagine.

The untrained mind is a beautiful thing, because it holds no prejudice, it is saturated with one's most sincere and candid beliefs, it is so true unto itself that one must solicit the mind to liberate the words to speak.

Sean's right about this too, you can't state as fact, something that is just your opinion.

:)
newsha31 19 / 75  
Imagination is what has brought the world to the point where it is now. it wasnt logic, it wasnt science, it was all "imagination" :)
That begs the question of what exactly imagination is. What makes you think imagination and logic are incompatible? Or that imagination is the opposite of science. Einstein came up with his theory of relativity after imagining what he would see if he were riding on a beam of light. No one therefore accused him of being either illogical or unscientific.
Gautama 6 / 133  
You can imagine a spaceship all you want but you will never turn it into a reality unless you approach it's construction in a logical and scientific way. Everything you can physically see in the world today that was created by humans is a product of logic and science.

and imagination too, of course :)
You might want to start by defining what you mean by imagination, then discuss how it both contrasts with and complements other positive mental attributes. That would give you a solid basis for a focused essay.

Home / Writing Feedback / A creation of the mind - "Imagination" essay