"The death penalty is the best means of combating serious crimes."

heeyoung1079 1 / 1  

The death penalty and the rapid increase in the number of crimes

These days, when people trying to study and work to lead a more settled life. It makes many people feel stress in their lives, that also the reason made the rapid increase in the number of crimes. And day by day the level of crime is becoming more and more serious. From my point of view, the best way of combating serious crimes is the death.

In 2018, among of 195 countries that participated in United Nation states, there are 104 countries have completely abolished death- sentence for all crimes. Eight countries have abolished it for ordinary crimes (while maintaining it for special circumstances such as war crimes) and 28 are abolitionists in practice. However, 55 countries are still retaining capital punishment. In the past "the death penalty" has been used in almost of the world. The criminal can be an under sentence of death from minor mistakes to serious crimes. Hundreds of years ago, when someone steals food or take something but do not ask the owner, they will be caught and condemned to death if they do not have the power. In the former times, whether the East or the West, the rules were enforced in a very strict manner, especially they were applied based on each social class; or based on the subjectivity of the decision-maker. Therefore, the death penalty usually takes place at lower levels of society such as slaves, serfs, etc. Although there are still many such cases today, however people are thinking highly of justice and humanity so not many death sentences were convicted. Up to now, a huge number of countries had abrogated it or do not put into practice.

Most people think nowadays while the financial is going up, people knowledge have been expanding, our lives have been improving a lot; the number of crimes will be decreased. Even so, the crimes - especially serious crimes are increasing every day. They do not know what is humanity; they also do not know how to treasure human life. As for the psychology side, one of the causes that can be explained the criminal behavior of them maybe come from how much pressure they have confronted in their lives. And most of them have an unfortunate childhood. The family not only does not protect, take care of them, but it is also the person who caused traumatized for them. It is a comment based on the psychological analysis of crimes given to the majority of offenders, but in reality, many cases that are not in this group. For example, there are many successful people, have status in society, or were born in a wealthy and happy family but still criminal.

The fact has shown that aside from the unfortunate past criminals who cause psychological problems, there are those who break the law just to satisfy or show their power. In my opinion, whoever lives in this world will face difficulties that are the rules of life. Life also has its rules and, of course, when you commit a crime you have to pay for the wrong things you have done to society. You can't blame anyone or anything, even if you think you are unlucky. If you disregard the law and other people's lives, you absolutely have to take the highest punishment is death to pay for all your crimes. It is my firm belief that capital punishment is an appropriate punishment for any criminal who is particularly serious.

Taking everything into consideration, I strongly agree with using the death penalty against serious crimes. In addition to punishing criminals, it also shows the fairness and protection of the government's citizens.
Since you did not specify if this essay is for the Task 2 essay or for your school research, I will assume that this is just an English exercise on your part and review it in the most applicable way possible.

You have writing errors at every step of the way here. You should have paid more attention to your writing presentation and less on the word count. Even though you wrote 606 words, that will not erase the great number of writing errors you made which if you were taking a task 2 test, would result in the failure of your essay score. If you were writing this for a school presentation, your teacher would definitely have you rewrite the whole paper. This only works as an English exercise paper because this type of writing will help you spot your mistakes and areas for improvement.

Familiarize yourself with the difference between the American and UK English spelling guidelines. The same words have different spelling such as in this case, behavior is the American spelling, and behaviour is the UK spelling. You also misused a helping verb in the following presentation:

They do not know what is humanity - They do not know what humanity is.

Do not aim to over complicate your sentence presentations in the hopes of getting a better score or sounding more academic. Simplicity is always best:

... an appropriate punishment for any criminal... - ... is a suitable punishment
... while maintaining it... - while keeping it...
are still retaining - are still keeping...
... so not many death... = ... so few death...

Comma usage:
... and humanity so - and humanity , so ...
... but, many - no comma required

Do not words that will indicate you do not have a strong belief in your opinion:
... maybe come from
... In my opinion, whoever

Clarity:
...crimes given to the majority of offenders... - given to most offenders
... when you commit a crime you have to... - ... you must...
... you absolutely have to = you must
... 55 countries are still keeping ... - are keeping
... almost of ... - almost all of the world
... but many in reality... - but, many

Avoid contractions in formal writing:
can't = cannot

Avoid using overused expressions as these come across as memorized phrases and words:
more and more = increasingly
special circumstances = extra ordinary circumstances (specific adjective usage for clarity)

These corrections should help you get started. I would have preferred to have read the prompt for this work, or at least have an idea of the writing instructions so that I could have given more pointed advice. This will have to suffice for now.
OP heeyoung1079 1 / 1  
Thank you so much for helping me. It is 3~4 years I start writting essay by Engish. I didn't you it for a long time so I know i will have a lot of mistake. This is only a small essay for me to practice writting in my university. My professer just upload the question and tell that how long I can write it.

Home / Writing Feedback / "The death penalty is the best means of combating serious crimes."