Death penalty is the best way to reduce the increasing number of crimes

violet_nhu 1 / -  
There seems to be an increasing number of serious crimes committed each year. While some think the best way is to use death penalty as a deterrent, many people believe that other measures will be needed. Discuss both sides.

In recent years, with the rapid development of the economy, the world has faced various debatable issues, one of which is the appropriate solution to the significantly increasing number of social evils. While some advocate that death sentence should be applied to stop this, others believe there are some alternative approaches. This essay will therefore analyze two viewpoints.

The opinion to sentence someone to death is attractive for several reasons. First of all, capital punishment is the most powerful sentence, which may cause fear in a variety of criminals and result in a decline in the quantity of crimes committed. Obviously, there have been more and more deadly crimes against morality in this modern age. An outstanding example is the most recent terrorist attack in Paris, which took hundreds of innocent people's lives. It is therefore totally understandable that more death penalties should be put into practice to contribute to a peaceful society.

On the other hand, I believe there are alternative measures that can produce the same results, however, be more humanitarian. Life sentence is one of the most effective approaches, which has been widely enforced in several countries. For instance, when a person puts an end to someone's life, whether intentionally or unintentionally, he may then seize the chance to lead another life whilst feeling remorse for what happened in the past thanks to life imprisonment. Besides, each and every person has the right to live, which is why others should give them the opportunity to rebuild their lives rather than sentencing them to death.

To conclude, I would argue that despite the fact that death penalty can bring peace to the community, other measures are worth considering due to their humanity.
Mai, when you say that there are several reasons for a particular discussion, you actually need to mention those reasons and no, examples such as the Paris attacks do not count towards those reasons. The better way to have discussed your first reason would have been to immediately say that the death penalty is seen as the possible way to contribute to a peaceful society.

Violet, you must remember something very important when writing this type of essay. The instruction stops with "Discuss both sides". It does not ask you to offer a personal opinion. Therefore, you should not say "I believe..." in the essay. You are not being asked to write an opinion essay, rather, you are being asked to write a comparison essay. When writing a comparison essay, the writer is not supposed to take sides. Just present the necessary data to create what is known as an informed reader. The reader should not be influenced by the writer of the essay to take a specific side.

Home / Writing Feedback / Death penalty is the best way to reduce the increasing number of crimes