Describe a person... A rough draft thrown together i need some insight

Joel 1 / 1  
Describe a person that has had a profound effect on your life.
"So, what do you say Joel?" These are the few words my grandfather directs at me each time we interact. I always respond with the same answer, "not too much grandpa", and that is it. Although we do not have many common interests, we both share a love for the car business. Robert H. Valenti, my grandfather, is a proud owner of six dealerships here in the northeast. I have worked for him for five years doing various tasks in different departments, most recently the sales department. I have the utmost respect for my grandfather and his achievements. He has shown me how to properly run a business and made me realize that I am passionate about the car business.

Ever since I can remember I have been a part of this prosperous car business my grandfather built, but never knew how he got to be where he was. When I matured he became more willing to tell me about the history of the business. He explained to me how his father owned a gas station and mechanic shop. My great grandfather passed away because of his health and left the responsibilities of the business in my grandfather's hands. At an early age he was an owner of a small business, however, he had bigger goals. Only one year after owning the gas station he decided to make an appointment with the Dodge-Plymouth franchise to see if he could get a full dealership. A representative from Dodge-Plymouth came to my grandfather's business to see if he was eligible, but my grandfather was so busy that he had to tell the man to wait while he finished his work. After making him sit for five hours, my grandfather was finished with his customers and ready to talk. The representative from Dodge-Plymouth told him it would not be necessary because he observed the honest, hard work my grandfather had shown all day. In 1950 my grandfather became a dealer principle for his Dodge-Plymouth dealership and from there he built an array of dealerships in the northeast. His story made me believe that anything is possible with hard work and respect.

It is not easy to find something you are passionate about or explain your passion. My grandfather has made this difficult task easy for me. From an early age I was introduced into the business, at ten years old I started washing cars for the business and then started doing simple mechanic work as I got older. Most recently I decided to take the next step and I joined the Volkswagen sales department. This business is my passion rather than a job. Therefore, I spend most of my free time working at my grandfathers business trying to learn as much as I can.

My grandfather has had a profound effect on the way I live my life. The majority of my time is invested in the car business in which he runs and without him I would be a totally different person. Often times I am told that I have life easy and I do not have to work hard to get where I want. Yes I am fortunate, but this is only because of my grandfather's achievements and my devotion to learning about the business.

I am not a strong writer so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Remember, this is a rough draft so i expect to make many changes.
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
Good afternoon.

"So, what do you say Joel?" These are the few words my grandfather directs at me each time we interact. I always respond with the same answer, "N ot too much grandpa," and that is it."

A most excellent response to the prompt. Very nice work.

Regards,
Gloria
Moderator, EssayForum.com
OP Joel 1 / 1  
Thank you for reading my essay and responding

Home / Writing Feedback / Describe a person... A rough draft thrown together i need some insight