Describe a time you ate something you did not like

tandlvn2003 2 / 4  
Last month, I had the worst experience ever with a speciality Thailand cuisine which was called Thai hot pot. I had it while I was visiting a Thai food festival. Hearing that it is one of the most delicious dishes in Thai Lan because of its mildly spicy and a bit of sour flavour combined with nutrition beef meat, but contrary to what I expected, the broth tasted immensely spicy and sour. Miserably, it hurt my tongue badly and made me shed tears. It was the worst experience I ever had. And I would never try Thai hot pot again. If I had gone back time, I would have chosen other dishes.

I'm practicing for the Ielts speaking test, please help me!

Thanks for reading.
For starters, Thailand is the name of the country. The cuisine is not called Thailand cuisine, it is called "Thai cuisine". Remember, it is Thailand, pronounce the D at the end. Do not say "Thai Lan". That is an incorrect reference to the country. It is one word, not two words. Do not pause when saying the name of the country. Nutrition is the science or study that deals with food and nourishment, especially in humans. You meant to say nutritious, which describes food containing or contributing nutriment or nourishment. You still have to use the right vocabulary during the speaking test. Be careful misused words will get you points deductions. You don't have to say miserably. Just describe how your tongue felt. Miserably is a misplaced word in the sentence. Just like in the written test, don't start a sentence with "and", which is a connecting word. Just directly say that you would never eat that dish again.

Your English grammar is far from perfect. The same for your vocabulary. However, you have created an oral presentation that the examiner can still understand without too much stress. So I believe you will have points deductions but probably get close to a passing score. The errors are just a little on the heavy side, as far as I am concerned, to allow you to get a passing score.

Home / Writing Feedback / Describe a time you ate something you did not like