Home / Writing Feedback   % width   Posts: 2

Discuss pros and cons of working or studying at home

Perthy 1 / -  
Full exam question: There are more workers who work from home and more students who study from home. This is because technology is more and more easily accessible and cheaper. Do you think it is a positive or negative development?

In the modern era, there is a significant increase in the preference for distance learning and remote work among professionals and students. In my opinion, distance learning and working remotely, while having certain drawbacks, are associated with far more pronounced benefits.
Granted, the disadvantages of studying and working at home are evident. One key obstacle is the questionable productivity of the employees and students. When working from home, staff are more likely to be distracted by external responsibilities such as caring for elderly family members and domestic chores, as there are no supervisors or restrictions compared to the workplace environment. This, as a result, can cause them to lose their concentration easily and thus waste their time. It is also noteworthy that students can be affected by this as well since there are a wide range of options for entertainment such as films, games, and music broadcast on the internet, which easily drive online learners to distract. In addition to this, unsecured mental health is also another concern since both workers and students have insufficient interaction with their colleagues or peers, thereby causing them to be more vulnerable to psychological problems such as depression.
However, the aforementioned benefits are arguable at best. Regarding the lack of concentration, this problem can be easily mitigated by creating a dedicated study or working space and a well-planned schedule that best suits their needs and preferences, hence making it an unnecessary concern. Concerning mental health, remote employees and online learners can engage with family and colleagues in online meetings, which can significantly reduce the risk of mental health issues.
From my perspective, One major benefit is that the schedule of students is inarguably more flexible in distance learning since they can learn whenever or wherever is convenient for them. Moreover, When we consider the former disadvantage from a different perspective, it can be beneficial for workers since they can take care of their family members as long as they do it during break time, thereby narrowing the connection between the employees and their families. Another pro is that remote employees and students can save on travel time and expenses for gasoline and transportation by working and learning from home. Additionally, the company or school might redirect the funds previously allocated for in-person work or study toward employees' salaries or reduce tuition fees for students, which will improve their financial situation.
To conclude, I am convinced that the drawbacks of learning and working at home pale in comparison to its pronounced benefits, considering its great advantage towards sustainable education and business.

Holt  Educational Consultant - / 15169 4859  
there is a significant increase in the preference

This is a misleading statement. There is no information nor reference in the original prompt that would indicate that the work from home and study from home trend is an increasing preference. It is only an increasing trend. There is a meaning difference between preference and trend. You have not correctly restated the topic requirement. Good work on your opinion presentation. You delivered your opinion clearly, although the lack of a thesis statement is a concern since the lack of your personal opinion summary would have strengthened that sentence.

Please remember that you are required to present a 4 paragraph essay for this task. You have merged all of the paragraphs together, thus creating a difficult to read and understand presentation. Use separate paragraphs at all times to make it easier to read your essay. The discussion presentation is also improper because you are defending both sides when the writing should be focused only on proving that your opinion is the correct one by looking for loopholes in the opposing discussion reasons.

Home / Writing Feedback / Discuss pros and cons of working or studying at home
Need help with your assignments? Fill out one of these forms: