IELTS: distance learning course vs traditional face-to-face course

annyali93 4 / 7  
I have ielts in less than 2 days time so i am very thankful for those who helped me. please correct my essay accordingly and perhaps you could also rate it.. :)

Question:
Many universities and collages these days offer distance learning programs instead of face-to-face courses. Do you think the advantages of this new approach outweigh the disadvantages?

Ans:
Nowadays, distance learning programs are becoming more popular than ever. There are two arguments apropos to this statement, however, I personally believe that it has more positive effects than negative ones.

To begin with, distance learning program has brought many convenience as compared to the traditional face-to-face course. these types of programs usually employ the Internet as a medium to transmit education, which meant greater flexibility for both students and lecturer as they can have the access to the course material at any time. Furthermore, this kind of course structure would generally suit the working group who has limited free time at hand.

Moreover, no commuting is involved as students can basically learn their course online, and at the comfort of their own bedrooms. In a way, this also would positively contribute to the cut in carbon footprint and emission. As there are numerous options for schools, students option on getting a degree would be greatly expand as choices would further include overseas institutions that provides online learning and not only confined to local universities. Not only that, students who enrolled in distance learning programs has lower expenditure as compared to others who study in the traditional face-to-face course. This is because, online learning students do not have to worry about commuting cost and getting meal plans on campus.

In conclusion, the positive effects of distance learning course had generally outweigh the negative effects and I believe that more universities and employers would employ a more positive outlook towards distance learning programs in the near future.
To begin with, distance learning program has brought many convenience as compared to the traditional face-to-face courses .

... I feel plural sounds better :)

these These types of programs usually employ the Internet as a medium to transmit education, which meantenables greater flexibility for both students and lecturers as they can have the access to the course material at any time.

.... Very good point... My suggestion;
...., that enables greater flexibility for both students and teachers in terms of time and geographic locations.
You write very well... Make sure you provide specific examples for your reasons.
Good Luck!
OP annyali93 4 / 7  
thank you a lot Dumi! you are a great help :)

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS: distance learning course vs traditional face-to-face course