Driverless vehicles - IELTS TASK 2 - TECHNOLOGY

morce183 2 / 2 1  
SCIENTISTS PREDICT IN THE NEAR FUTURE CARS WILL BE DRIVEN BY COMPUTERS, NOT PEOPLE.

DO YOU THINK IT IS A POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE DEVELOPMENT? WHY?

The advancement of technology has led scientists to recommend that it is possible in the near future that computers will undertake the operation of cars instead of the drivers themselves. I hold a strong belief that this development will bring positive aspects.

I agree that the introduction of driverless cars in a foreseen future could be predictable. In this day and age, the use of devices with automatic technology is becoming the norm such as cleaning robots, automatic texting apps or automated home electronics. Moreover, many prototypes have been being developed for years, and some are unveiled like Tesla.

One advantage is that it would free the drivers to do other things rather than focus on driving. It will be possible for the drivers to socialize or to relax while the automatic system of the car has the responsibility for driving safely, especially in a long journey. Besides, elderly people or disabled travellers would be unable to drive a car. Thus, autonomous cars will help them enjoy using cars without difficulty.

Furthermore, another benefit of driverless vehicles is that they would ensure the safety and reduce road traffic injuries. It is widely known that most road collisions involve careless behaviors like speeding or driving while being intoxicated. Because of that, automation may reduce the number of incidents caused by those reasons and make the road more safe for both pedestrians and drivers. In addition, cars are unoccupied and parked most of the time. Autopilot means that car-sharing will be available for people with both low and high driving demand, and as the result, the number of cars being parked would be lessened.

In conclusion, I would argue that computerized cars should be welcomed as a positive development due to some of their good points.
The essay calls for a 2 reasoning paragraph presentation. It does not require an agreement paragraph because an agreement response was not required in the original prompt.That paragraph is useless and will not receive any points since it is irrelevant to the discussion. Only the next 2 paragraphs which reflect the positive point of view will be scored.

The relevant paragraphs show a clear knowledge based on personal and public information. The discussions are informed and well support the opinion presentation. The use of the conjunction "because" at the start of a particular sentence in this presentation shows a GRA will unfamiliarity. Connecting words are never used to start a sentence in an academic discussion. That is allowed only in informal writing settings.

The arguement of the winter is useless in the concluding summary. Again, that is an unnecessary inclusion as it is not a discussion target nor consideration.
anachan143 1 / 4  
I think you did a good job, but you can consider to have a sentence which summarizes your main ideas in your conclusion.
Samt Lee 3 / 6 2  
I think that you should gather the 2th and 3th paragragh togerther because as you can see, the lengthen between the 2th, 3th and 4th gragh are not the same and making into two main body parts may demonstrate a better structure.

In the conclusion, you need to confirm clearly the topic again and point out your main decision!

Home / Writing Feedback / Driverless vehicles - IELTS TASK 2 - TECHNOLOGY