Co-ed education versus single sex education; Which is better?

xu yu cheng 1 / -  
When it comes to the time you have to consider school for your children what is the biggest part would you think over? For most parents whether place their children to co-ed education school or single-sex school will be the difficulty to select, yet both of them have, respectively, advantages and disadvantages.

Studying in a same sex school environment, the children will easily learn the "respect" from different sex students when they work on schoolwork, projects and extracurricular activities together. The surrounding provides them the opportunity to form a respect and how to interact with the opposite sex, that it may not attained through the same sex school. Furthermore, the "confidence" can be improved by daily interaction with other students, and then they will be able to speak fluently with, make friend with and work with different gender as needed. Those skills will be need latter in life when they going out of school and facing the real world. In addition, the co-ed education school can also help student to break gender stereotypes like majority of people think females are bad at sciences and sports and males are not good at music and arts, but the fact is not. .

Although the co-ed school seems really conductive to children, there are certain drawbacks as well. For instance, they, typically, have a large number of students interested in dating and pursuing romantic relationship. This distracts the attention to the school day. Especially, as the couple having problems or disagreements of some kind, the adolescents going through changes with their bodies and sexual interests, it will create more conflict in co-ed education school, so the most obvious undisputed advantage of single-sex education school is the dramatically lower risks of getting pregnant in middle school or high school.

As far as I am concerned, the coed school is more suitable for children, and as I mentioned it is beneficial to their healthy psychological development. The better coed school system makes children more socially adaptable. But I think No matter which kind of school parents choose the most significant is hoping their sweet heart's process of school is happiness.
hannahjo - / 1  
Both has its own pros and cons. Co-ed education makes children more socialized, and they learn to develop a healthy relationship with their mates of other gender. Single sex education lacks this, is more of a confined technique of educating children. Sunnybrook School in Toronto is such a school where student interaction regardless of gender takes place.
When it comes to the time you have to consider school for your children what is the biggest part would you think over?

.... what would be your main consideration?

For most parents whether place their children to co-ed education school or single-sex school will be the difficulty to select, yet both of them have, respectively, advantages and disadvantages.

... make this simpler;
For many parents it is that whether they should admit their children to a co-ed education school or a single sex school. Both of these systems have their own advantages and disadvantages

I prefer if you stated what your opinion is in this introduction itself.

Studying in a same sex school environment, the children will easily learn the "respect" from different sex students when they work on schoolwork, projects and extracurricular activities together.

.... This sentence is very confusing... I cannot get your idea at all... I think you should re-phrase this line.

to form a respect

.... what do you mean by this phrase?

Home / Writing Feedback / Co-ed education versus single sex education; Which is better?