Emotion based decisions will have high tendency to be wrong - they should be taken with free mind

Jt548313 1 / -  
People who make decisions based on emotion and justify those decisions with logic afterwards are poor decision makers.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

emotions reduces our capability to analyse

I agree with author's observation here. Emotion based decisions will have high tendency to be wrong as compared to the decisions taken with free mind or irrespective of any emotions. And later justifying these decisions with logic remains just as a formality.

Emotions will bias a persons thought process. Focus will be more on the emotinally supported points and their benefits. Focus on negativity of the same view will be lost. For reference if I want to make a decison on fighting between two kids. One of them is my brother. I I'll think emotionally it has high propensity for me to be in favour of my brother. Cause emotions will make my brothers point of view more strong and important. I'll not be able to see what wrong he did. It's very much important to see the both positive nad negative sides before making a decision.

It'll also eclipse the facts to which emotions doesn't support. Here we'll be missing the good or positive side of the emotionally unsupported view. It will result in partial thinking or a very restricted thinking. Same way here if I take the previously mentioned example in this scenario, other kid's faults will seems to me very bad but his innocuousness I'll not be able to see those will be eclipsed by the emotional state.

In both of the cases I'm not htinking frrely with an empty mind, so to speak. A mind free fro preconceptions and has a ability to acoomodate new thoughts, new facts and analyze them upto full strength.

One more point hwich should be discussed, is that emotions are very key part of any persons which makes a person a human a living thing. If we go with the emotional apprach rather then a logical approach there is very less chance to get confused and it gives us more strength. Later anyway logical analysis will be done on the decision.

In short emotions reduces our capability to analyse all possiblle view honestly. Just taking one view supported by our emotion and analyzing it is not suffice. A decision based on partial thinking has a high probability of failing or being wrong. And justifying the decision with logic just becomes a mere formality. Hence it makes a decision maker poor.
Jayati, I have a few points of major concern in your essay. The first of which is the incomplete representation of the prompt requirement. The accurate paraphrasing of a given topic is essential to any discussion because it forms the basis for the discussion and the outline of the succeeding discussion in the forthcoming paragraphs. While your representation of your reasoning is sound, it lacks the informative value that could have come from a more accurate portrayal of the discussion topic.

You must also be made aware of the fact that you did not complete your thought process in the example paragraph you presented. That would be paragraph 2. It is important that you collectively present the discussion in this paragraph in order to create a stronger presentation of facts. When you separate the discussion into two parts, you divide the attention of the reader and thus, cause them to review your earlier paragraph relating to the topic. Don't force a thought process deviation in your essay. That will tend to confuse the reader and take time away from the complete reading of your essay. Remember, the examiners have only a limited amount of time to read your work, so use that unknown amount of time efficiently. Do not make them go back and forth in reading your document. Show a cohesive and coherent thought process at all times.

The next concern that I have is really very trivial in nature. You should have caught on to the spelling error mistakes, which cause a great deal of stress on the part of the reader. Your misspelled words show a lack of care for the final presentation of your essay. I cannot stress enough how important it is that you always maintain proper lexical use and spelling within your essay, regardless of the exam type that you are taking. When you do not edit and proof read yourself, you show a disrespect towards the exam and the examiner. Always present a clean essay to the reader. You can never proof read and edit your thoughts enough. If possible, do not submit your document early . Make sure to review it 3 times before you submit it. That gives you enough time to catch and errors you may have missed your first time reviewing your essay.

Home / Writing Feedback / Emotion based decisions will have high tendency to be wrong - they should be taken with free mind