Environment; Let me know if this issue essay of GRE is proper or not and rate on the scale of 1 to 6

bldivya5 1 / -  
The best way to solve environmental problems caused by consumer-generated waste is for towns and cities to impose strict limits on the amount of trash they will accept from each household. Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons and/or examples that could be used to challenge your position.

Solution:

A major concern in today's world is the pollution which is produced from each city and town.One of the suitable ways to solve environmental issues ,which are mainly caused by consumer-generated waste is to impose in cities and towns stringent rules on the amount of trash they will accept from each household. Consumer-generated waste can be in the form of plastics, toxic liquids as well as non-biodegradable material. Due to increasing pollution rate we are able to experience certain devastating changes like El Nino effect, global warming, melting of ice caps and so on. If we do not show our concern towards the environment then it will obviously effect man in a bad way.As we know "every coin has two sides" , in the same manner nature will be aggressive if man continues to be selfish and go on polluting his surroundings.We should start from somewhere ,hence it should start from towns and cities where most of the waste is produced.As suggested the best way would be to impose strict rules in the cities by limiting the trash produced by each house.

Firstly, if we limit the amount of trash in each household then it will make the locality less polluted which in turn will reduce the average amount of trash produed per week.This in some way will help us reduce the waste but not necessarily the best way.It has to be checked on that every house is abiding to the rules and the amount has reduced consequently.

Secondly,the government officials need to have a measure for trash and then decide upon what is the limitations to be posed.In this methodology how do we know whether each house is sticking to the laws framed by the government. Moreover, how will the public know what amount of waste is being produced in their house.Most of the cities produce waste not only from households but from factories, theartres, hospitals, shopping complexes, bus stations, etc.

Furthermore, this way of limiting trash of each household is a tedious task for the management of the city as well. Hence it becomes difficult to control waste in this manner. So, we could opt for various other ways such as Public awareness campaigns, reduction in vehicular pollution, E-waste management and by growing more trees .The Government should also take missions which are possible to implement like one in India ,that is "Clean India campaign". As cleanliness is next to godliness, we should keep our surroundings clean which subsequently reduces the pollution levels which helps us to keep an eye on the environmental issues.
knhusone 3 / 6  
Wow bldivya5, your writing is super-good (and better than me , I think :) ). However, I have some suggestions for you here:
=> amount of trash produedproduced per week.
=> the amount (of what, it was not clear here, I think) has reduced consequently.
=> Most of the cities produce waste not only from households but also from factories, theartres, hospitals, shopping complexes, bus stations, etc.
=> we should keep our surroundings clean which subsequently reduces the pollution levels which helps us to keep an eye on the environmental issues. (This sentence is not really fluently to me, you should rewrite it comprehensively.)

I hope you will come back with a better work!
HI Divya, first of all, WELCOME to the Essay Forum Team, we aim to provide you with helpful and useful techniques in order for you to create an even stronger essay. Now, as I review your essay, I must say that you have managed to enumerate compelling examples in restricting if not eliminate environmental danger, however, reality speaks that this is going to be a hard path to take, but hey, we can take it one at a time and who knows, we will get this environmental issues out of our list of problems and deal with it accordingly in the proper manner.

Furthermore, I noticed the flow of your ideas and they somehow created that logical sequence of your ideas are observed in your essay and this is very crucial to your essay. This is crucial because if the flow of your sentences is not apt to the previous or to where you want your essay to go, then you will not be able to create that meaningful essay.

With regards to your question if you have the right GRE paper, I must say it may not be proper but it definitely answered the prompt and what is asked of you, you also manage to depict that idea that stresses the possible solution to the issue at hand. I hope my insights helped and should you need further assistance, do let us know.

Home / Writing Feedback / Environment; Let me know if this issue essay of GRE is proper or not and rate on the scale of 1 to 6