We cannot reduce the increasing crime rate? Need proper measures to control (IELTS)

joythblessy 86 / 272 15  
Crime is a big problem in the world. Many believe that nothing can be done to prevent it. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Give your own opinion.

It is undeniably true that, the crime rates are increasing drastically all around the world. Though there are so many not easy to remove it completely from our society, I believe that with proper measures like straight laws, sufficient punishments, good moral education and so on, we can avoid it to an extent.

To begin with, there are so many reasons behind the increased crime rate. To tackle the ever-increasing crime rate, it is essential to identify the root cause and treat it. To reduce the surging crime rates, moral education is pivotal. Education through curriculum and media are encouraged. A society, which is based on values will respect the rights of others and help to reduce the crime rates. Children should me learned to live with contentment, without crazy for costly unwanted items from their early childhood itself. Undoubtedly, strict rules and regulations will decrease the anti-social activities and mafias. Police force should be increased, empowered and their continuous patrolling will help to trim down offences. Additionally, strict hard punishments oblige the offenders to think about the punishments before committing a crime.

Apparently, poverty and unemployment are other important causes of crimes. Proper practical education, vocational training centers and supports to initiate more industries will helps to originate more job opportunities and reduce unemployment. As peoples' living standard improves, they will move away from involving crimes. Apart from this, poor people who are living below poverty line should be given considerations by various governmental policies to uplift their lives. Furthermore, drug addiction is a cancer, which affects today's society. These people to be treated in de-addiction centers and family supports and psychiatric counseling should be ensured. Parents must know the friends of their children, how they are behaving outside home and must give affection and attention. They should guide their children and bring them up with good moral values. Parents should be good role models for their children, as 'deeds speak louder than words'.

To conclude, though crime rates are increasing, day by day, we can reduce it by strong rules, and moral education, parental guidance, and so on. We should use all possible measures to minimize the increasing crime rates.
falks405 4 / 9 1  
Hi

It is undeniably true that, the crime rates are increasing drastically all around the world.

I think you need to used a stdong form here without It is undeniably true that and, actually in the next one to like a ....it's not easy to remove it completely from our society

Keep in mind you can sometimes avoid the word "that"

Use stronger words

Also, try use a synonyms in order to avoid repetitions

I think you should a bit work with words of structure; use them so as to make your essay clearly

Leo
falks405@gmail.com
OP joythblessy 86 / 272 15  
hai Leo..

Thanks for the correction...
I didn't get a stronge word in that position.
One of my problem i felt is lack of good vocabulary..
Thanks for your comments and time..

Thanks...

Tessy

Home / Writing Feedback / We cannot reduce the increasing crime rate? Need proper measures to control (IELTS)