IELTS 2 : ENVIRONMENT; the use of alternative sources of energy (wind and solar energy) is promoted

ririna 1 / -  
Fossil fuels (coal, oil and natural gas) are the main sources in many countries.
However, in some countries, the use of alternative sources of energy (wind and solar energy) are encouraged.

Do you think it is a positive or negative development?

It is no doubt that fuel sources such as coal, oils, and natural gas are the most consumed form of energy by the majority of the world. However, people started to replace those natural resources with renewable energy to diminish the pollutants produced in nature. This essay will explain why such substitution in energy is a positive development regardless of how few difficulties were disputed.

The most important interference that needs to be concerned is the finance charges required for the installment and manufacture of energy-transferred equipment. At present, only industrialized nations with large government budgets can afford green energy operators and apply them to a wide range. Nevertheless, this is a short-term challenge referring to permanent use. Because of its infinite source of energy, the alternative solution can ensure the longevity of power usage and allows the governments of emergent nations to save money in the long run.

On the other hand, renewable resources energy guarantees environmental quality compared to traditional forms of power since it is substantial and eco-friendly. As eco-consciousness started to rise, the role of these green energies became more important. This replacement in energization not only contributes to nature conservation by generating energy without toxic gas emissions but also diversifies the energy supply and benefits the economy. This method will reduce dependence on fossil fuels and offer more jobs in order to decrease the unemployment rate. For instance, numerous organizations have recruited more positions in construction and coordination of renewable energy generators which creates more career opportunities.

In conclusion, even though fuel sources have been primitively used for centuries, renewable energy is considered a great substitution as its unlimited potential and nature-friendly. Thus, I am convinced this is such an innovative development in various fields.
Here is the thing about the prompt rephrasement section of this essay, it is not a mere restating of the original prompt. It is an actual beginning of the discussion. That is an incorrect interpretation of the original prompt. The original discussion interpretation should not include additional information or the writer's opinion. It must state, within basic terms, the premise of the original discussion topic and nothing more. So the writer will definitely not receive a passing score for his prompt restatement due to his improperly developed interpretation of the original discussion.

The direct question posed before the writer begs him to address the response in a direct, first person pronoun manner. The essay is not going to write itself. It is imperative that the generalization of the discussion be avoided since he is not stating a public opinion. Ownership of the opinion ( My opinion is...) is the only way to get a proper score in the write's opinion consideration since it requires a clear reference to the opinion and whose opinion it is. Repeated references to the first person writer is encouraged in these essay discussion types.

On the other hand is always used in unison with "On the one hand". It cannot be used as a stand alone phrase because it is part of a comparative discussion presentation. This reference causes confusion for the reader who is trying to understand whether the 2 paragraphs are connected or not. By not properly using grammar principles, the writer will lose points based on discussion clarity. By the way, the word because is always used in a connecting capacity and should not be used to start a sentence. It will do the writer well to become better acquainted with English grammar rules to avoid making these mistakes in the future.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS 2 : ENVIRONMENT; the use of alternative sources of energy (wind and solar energy) is promoted