Environmental pollution is becoming an international issue - IELTS

glory215 1 / 2  
Environmental pollution is a serious issue and it is important to take steps on an individual level to reduce it. But now, since it is becoming an international issue, it is time to take enviroment protection to higher level. Agree or disagree

....

After more than two centuries of destroying the earth, people have finally realized that not only the planet but also human beings' lives are in the harmful circumstance. Although over fifty years ago, a few environmental laws were established by some individual countries to try and stop these negative effects, environment pollution is still in the dangerous problems. In my opinion, I strongly believe that protecting environment is the main obligations of all countries throughout the world.

First of all, environmental pollution is considered as the global warning and it needs the serious perception from entire countries on the world. Once the environmental catastrophe happens, it will impact on not only the host countries but also their neighbor countries. For example, as the earthquake and tsunami disasters in Japan, the radioactive substances have spread to some Asian countries that lead to the anxiety in the vast number of Japanese and Asian people. In addition, environmental protection is a large scale global issue, there is no individual person or country can independently solve this problem. For example, if millions of cars would be prohibited in US in order to reduce the fuel emission from vehicles to the atmosphere, there were still many more millions car being used outside this country.

Furthermore, environmental protections at the international level can approach the higher achievement in easing the tension of global warming. If all countries agree to follow the international laws about protecting environment by limiting the fuel emission to the air and ensuring to stop large industries from dumping pollution into plants or water, people will less confront with the challenges problems about air and water pollutions. Moreover, it is widely believed that when the powerful countries make efforts to protect environment, they will impel other countries to imitate them. For example, if USA and China, which known as two contrasting countries, cooperate with each other and show what they can do to save our planet, it is no doubt that rest of the world will break down the national boundaries to take part in these activities.

In conclusion, environment pollutions are affecting not only individual but also entire countries all over the world. Overall, I concede that the cooperation between different countries can take a tremendous step to protect the environment and bequeath the better global for descendants.

I think there are still more problems with my essay. I hope you guys will help me to check and improve this essay. Thank you so much.
isai 12 / 111  
Greetings !

Good essay

In my opinion, I strongly believe that protecting environment is the main obligations of all countries throughout the world. you may use this in the beginning of the sentence

Regards
OP glory215 1 / 2  
Hi isai,

Thanks for your helps ^^. However, I have a little bit about your comment:"you may use this in the beginning of the sentence". Can you explain it clearly for me, please?

Regards
I read the way Annika edited it, and I think it will look good that way!! Please type it again and use her corrections.

Also, here is another idea:
First of all, environmental pollution is considered as a cause of global warming, and it needs serious attention from all countries in the world.

You do not need to use an s with "pollution":
In conclusion, environmental pollution is affecting not only individuals but also entire countries all over the world.

"Concede" is a word to use when you are giving in to some point that is being made by your opponent in argument.

Overall, I concede believe that cooperation between different countries can take...

:-)
OP glory215 1 / 2  
@Sicentiana and EF_Kevin: thank you so much for your advice :-)

Home / Writing Feedback / Environmental pollution is becoming an international issue - IELTS