IELTS - WRITING TASK 1 - estimated world illiteracy rates, separated by area and sex

Linda91 30 / 40 3  
The bar chart illustrates estimated world literacy rates which is separated by region and by gender in 2000. At first glance it is evident that, female illiteracy was the higher than male illiteracy in all of areas, but the highest rate is in South Asia, either woman or man.

To begin, developed countries was the lowest rate in illiteracy, either male or female. It stood at around 1%. Also, the other areas such as Latin America/Caribbean had slight rates roughly 10% and 20%.

Turning to other three countries, Sub-Saharan Africa, Arab States, and South Asia witnessed a significant difference between women and man, with rates 30% in woman and 50% in man. In Sub-Saharan Africa, female illiterates were higher than male, with a gap approximately 18%. Next, Arab states was also had a dramatic number among two gender with 29% and 52% respectively. The highest rate of illiteracy was in South Asia, approximately 35% in women and 55% in man.

angga93 42 / 74 20  
The bar chart illustrates estimated world literacy rates which is separated by (suggestion: based on) region and by gender in 2000.

At first glance it is evident that, female illiteracy rates was the higher than male illiteracy (suggestion:that of male ) in all of areas, but the highest rate is in South Asia, either woman or man (must be plural)

To begin, developed countries was (had) the lowest rate in illiteracy, either male or female (you use this form in the previous sentence, try to use another one).

It stood at around 1%. : it's too short

Also, the other areas such as Latin America/Caribbean had a slight rates roughly 10% and 20%.

witnessed a significant difference between women and man (plural cannot connected with singular by "and"), with rates 30% in woman and 50% in man . (must be plural )

female illiterates (illiterate females ) were higher than male

Arab states was also had a dramatic number (the idea is not clear ) among two gender with 29% and 52% respectively.

The highest rate of illiteracy was in South Asia, approximately 35% in women and 55% in man . (plural-singular )

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS - WRITING TASK 1 - estimated world illiteracy rates, separated by area and sex