The bar chart below shows the estimated world illiteracy rates for regions and by gender in the past

Mayrie 1 / -  
The chart shows the estimated level of illiteracy for regions in the world and by gender in the past year.
Overall, the developed countries had the lowest level of illiteracy compared to South Asia and Arab states. It is estimated that females in all the regions of the world are less literate compared to men.

The number of uneducated females in East Asia/Oceania is more than half of Sub-Saharan Africa while over 30 percent of men in these regions have lower education.

South Asia has a total of over 97 percent of both genders topping the chart with the highest illiteracy rate while the developed countries have less than 5 percent. Sub-Saharan Africa and the Arab States have more females than males with less education at 48 per cent and about 52 percent respectively.

The region with the lowest literacy rates aside from developed countries is Latin America/Caribbean. This region has about 10 percent and 12 percent rate in males and females respectively which does not make up to 50% of the highest illiteracy rate in the world.

While you have written more than the required word count to get major scoring points for your presentation, the lack of proper paragraph formatting and lack of proper information analysis will ensure that your essay does not get near the passing mark.

Remember that the summary paragraph requires you to properly identify the image provided so that the reader can imagine what the measurement information page looks like. you cannot simply say "The chart" because there are several chart versions available. You need to be specific and say "The bar chart" since that is what was presented to you for your analysis. You also forgot to tell the reader what measurement instrument was used (percentage).

You should not be presenting a trending statement as a stand alone sentence. You should merge it into the summary overview for the best scoring effect. All the other paragraphs should have at least 3 sentences presented and also, you should have 3 paragraphs to present in the analysis portion.

Home / Writing Feedback / The bar chart below shows the estimated world illiteracy rates for regions and by gender in the past