Expressing my inner world through Photoshop

ltpvan 5 / 35  
People find many ways to express their inner world. Some write novels; others paint, perform, or debate; still others design elegant solutions to complex mathematical problems. How do you express your inner world, and how does the world around you respond?

Dabbling with Photoshop, I feel like a young child dipping his fingers capriciously into buckets of paint. Using Photoshop, my eyes are ocean blue, and my hair dye a fiery red; I can be anything. Looking at my modified self, I decide that such changes remained fantasies for good reasons; my mom is right. On bad days, physical modifications helps me relieve stress. On good days, I prefer to engage in more complex projects. Once, I created a "Moby Dick: The Movie" poster for English class. Though far from perfect, the poster was a work among the few that I was confident in. Not only did the poster gives me joy in the process, it also showcase my inner creativity to my teacher, who must have had to grade many "stick figures" posters already.

With Photoshop, I can translate myself into a visual representation showcasing my talents, oddities, or even idiocy, aspects that are not transparent because of my quiet exterior. I love the endless possibilities that lie within Photoshop; every turns and tweaks will result in something new, something unexpected. Above all, I love the sweet savor from watching others' shocked reactions when they see a picture of me fire breathing or doing unbelievably outrageous things. Once a thought, an idea, or a dream become materialize in some form of expression, I believe I can do anything. The images I create represent myself, a ticking time bomb waiting for the right moments to burst and perhaps transform those fantasies into reality.

Any comments will be much appreciate. Thanks

Critique mine, and I'll return the favor. You know I do :P
canes4life 3 / 47  
On bad days, physical modifications help me relieve stress.

Not only did the poster give me joy in the process, it also showcased my inner creativity to my teacher, who must have had to grade many "stick figures" posters already.

every turns and tweaks will result in something new, something unexpected.
Every turn and tweak

Once a thought, an idea, or a dream become materializebecomes materialized in some form of expression, I believe I can do anything.

Are you applying to UNC? I thought this is a touch prompt which is why I'm answering the other one lol. Ok your essay is good, but it's full of grammatical errors. You need to watch your subject verb agreement.
therhyno 2 / 2  
Itpvan: Using Photoshop, my eyes are ocean blue, and my hair dye a fiery red; I can be anything.
In the world of Photoshop, I can turn my eyes to an ocean blue and contrast it with fiery red hair; I can be anything.

Itpvan:Looking at my modified self, I decide that such changes remained fantasies for good reasons; my mom is right.
However, looking at my modified self I realize that my mom is right, such changes should remain fantasies for good reason.

Itpvan:when they see a picture of me fire breathing or doing unbelievably outrageous things.
when they see a picture of me breathing fire or some other unbelievably outrageous thing.

It's a very descriptive paper! Makes me want to see your work. Like canes4life said, just fix the grammatical errors and you have a very engaging paper. Good work!
OP ltpvan 5 / 35  
Thanks for the feedback. They were much appreciated.

The rule is verb tense shouldn't change at all in a paragraph. For example, in my para.

Once, I created a "Moby Dick: The Movie" poster for English class.

From the beginning until that point, I have used present tense, so is it incorrect to say "I created" here even if it is an action that I completed a long time ago?

The same question also apply to "will" since I haven't done something yet, a possibility.

Perhaps I want to know what is the correct way to change verb tenses in a paragraph??

Thanks! :)
mimiQ 5 / 11  
Once, I created a "Moby Dick", a movie poster for English class.

Though far from perfect, the poster was a work among the few that I was confident in

--> this sentence makes me think that you are often unconfident about your works. what about just say "one of your favourite works"?

Not only did the poster gives me joy in the process, it also showcase my inner creativity to my teacher, who must have had to grade many "stick figures" posters already .

--> the "poster" didn't give you joy "in the process". It should be "making this poster brought you much joy" or "I found great joy in the process of making this poster".

By using PhotoShop , I can translate myself into a visual representation while showcasing my talents, oddities, or even idiocy, and aspects that are hidden behi nd my quiet exterior.

The images I create represent myself, a ticking time bomb waiting for the right moments to burst and perhaps transform those fantasies into reality.

--> Something wrong with this last sentence. What "transform those fantasies into reality"? What is the subject? "a ticking time bomb"? "myself"? or "the images"?

hope this would help!!! BEST LUCK!!! :)

Home / Writing Feedback / Expressing my inner world through Photoshop