IELTS:Extracurricular activity is as important as their academic class?

colin 23 / 48 15  
Do you agree that students taking school organization and activities club is as important as their academic class.

Extracurricular activity is very popular in schools, which play an important role in students' life. While I accept that taking part in school organization may bring about negative effects to teenagers' learning process, I believe that participating in extracurricular activities is as important as what we do in the classroom.

On the one hand, taking part in School activities are usually time-consuming. Some students spend most their spare time in working on an organization. Thereby, students are unable to allot sufficient time to prepare for standardized tests which are prerequisites to attend universities. Furthermore, it may be hard for students to concentrate on studying while engaging activities, which is rooted in the fact that too many works in the organization can distract students' attention on textbook. Compared with the TOELF official Guide, most extracurricular activities can be more engaging and entertaining. That is why adolescents are more likely to spend time in playing in a basketball court rather than staying in a study room.

However, I would argue that these drawbacks are outweighed by the benefits. To begin with, setting up extracurricular activities such as sports or music can help students to maintain a regular schedule, which can develop students' good habits such as to be diligent, punctual, and to rise early on the morning. In addition, we have seen that working in an organization can mould students' characters. For instance, students become accustomed to coordinating with others after experiencing team works in a school activities. Besides, the combination of studying and playing enable a student to have many abilities. After playing a drama, youngsters will benefit from rehearsals because these activities cultivate students' creativity, leaning ability, expressiveness and collaboration. Most importantly, lots of activities is helpful supplements for youths' learning in class. As practice can motivate students to explore sciences, students can develop a deep interest in astronomy by using an astronomical telescope provided by a school organization.

In conclusion, it seems to me that participating in extracurricular activities is as important as attending academic class because these activities can develop students' good habits, mould their characters, help them to foster various abilities and enhance their interest in academic study.
ganesh_007b 1 / 8 1  
As per my opinion there is no flaws in u'r essay...The content are very well structured with suitable reasoning!!!!!!!!

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS:Extracurricular activity is as important as their academic class?