IELTS task 2 "Face-to-face communication as opposed to ther means"

mhss 18 / 53 18  
Please help me with this IELTS essay.

Q: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Face-to-face communication is better than other types of communication, such as letters, email, or telephone calls. Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.

A: It has been shown from the ancient times that people have tried different ways to interact with others, as live communication may not be feasible all the time. With the technological development, people today experience more effective modes of communication through letters, telephone calls and e-mails. However, some people still believe that it is better to have face-to-face communication hoping to build relationships. Having looked at both aspects, I'm convinced that the best way is decided then and there according to the situation and as a result, it is difficult conclude one way is beneficial over the other.

Face-to-face communication has to be encouraged in situations where live communication is essential. For example, physical contact with relatives in the festive season is greatly appreciated than making just a phone call. In addition, type of information is equally important as highly personal messages can be delivered with out divulging it to a third party and further answers can be obtained promptly. In addition, this type of communication is ideal for building up relationships with those who are unknown.

Nevertheless, when other modes of communication are taken in to account, it is beneficial in many ways. Especially when dealing with business matters, a complaint made verbally will not be proceed unless it is produced in the written format. Another important aspect is its reliability convenience and safety breaking the geographical barriers. For example, E-mail can be sent with in a blink of an eye to the other corner of the world while physical transportation can be avoided by a simple telephone call. Similarly, low postal costs enable more people to use this mode more frequently, and the list is endless, as over the span of the decades these modes have helped the entire mankind in a number of ways.

In conclusion, it is hard to decide which way is better as both ways are having their own merits; therefore, what is important is to select the mode accordingly in order to deal with the rest of the world.
temptprovidence 8 / 163 35  
It has been shown from the ancient times

evident.

it is difficult conclude one way is beneficial over the other.

it is thus difficult to conclude that one way is beneficial over the other.

Face-to-face communication has to be encouraged

needs.

are taken in to account

into
just look more for such mistakes. you were asked to agree or disagree.. you did none.. thats compulsory.
expression was well made. BEST OF LUCK :)
OP mhss 18 / 53 18  
Thanks for the mistakes highlighted.I would be great if you could go through the rest of the essay.

mhss.
It has been shownproved that even infrom the ancient times that people have tried different ways to interact with others, as live communication may not be feasible all the time.

... very clever idea... good start :)

However, some people still believe that it is better to have face-to-face communication hoping to build relationships.

However, some people still believe that face-to-face communication is much more effective than other methods, especially in building relationships with one another.

Having looked at both aspects, I'm convinced that the best way is decided then and there according to the situation and as a result, it is difficult conclude one way is beneficial over the other.

... I believe that the best way is always circumstantial and depending on the respective situation we need to choose the best mode of communication.
You write well.... Good Luck!
temptprovidence 8 / 163 35  

this is a good point. you used it as a topic to discuss in the whole essay. thats a plus point. :)

Nevertheless, when other modes of communication are taken in to account, it is beneficial in many ways

it turns out beneficia l in many ways.
thats what i found to comment when i read it again. again i would regard it as a good one approach. your writing skills are appreciable.

go for the cut through.:)
OP mhss 18 / 53 18  
hi beeha,
As far as I understood In IELTS essay asking "agree or disagree" one can write being in the middle neither agreeing nor disagreeing.

Can you comment on this?

Thanks for going through the essay again.

mhss
temptprovidence 8 / 163 35  
you are attempting for that. surely you know better than me :) i just thought it may be a mistake but you cleared that problem.
Meekay 1 / 3  
You have a very good essay but u have to agree on one position and convince ur reader about ur stand. Ur thesis should be strong either agreeing or disagreeing, no middle ground, unless the question says views on both.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS task 2 "Face-to-face communication as opposed to ther means"