My Favorite Holiday is Eid Al-Fitr

Zubaida 18 / 34  
Write a two paragraph essay (one page) on your favorite season or holiday of the year.

My Favorite Holiday.
My favorite holiday is Eid Al-fitr, which is one of the two most important Islamic celebrations. It's on the first day of Shawwal Month(which is correct? Month or month) and symbolizes the celebration of break-fasting after completing the fasting of the entire month(which is correct? Month or month) of Ramadan. People usually perform some rituals in this holiday. They recite the Takbir all throughout the period of Eid. They dress in their finest clothes and adorn their homes with lights and decorations. On the first day of Eid, they go to mosques early in the morning to pray the Eid prayer and listen to a short sermon given by the Imam. After the prayer, they congratulate each other and say some common greetings such as: Id mubarak "Blessed Eid" or Id sa'id "Happy Eid". Some old men and women give children sweets and candies. Then, people scatter to visit their relatives, friends and acquaintances. Coffee, chocolates, and dates are served for guests in this holiday. In each family, adults give children small sums of money which are(which is correct? is or are) called Eidi.

The most enjoyable Eid I have ever been is this year's Eid. My first delivery was only twenty days ago, so my sisters came to my apartment before the holiday to clean it, decorate furniture and prepare chocolates plates for guests. I and my husband planed for a nice party with my family on the first day. The night before Eid, we hanged ornaments, blew balloons, and put flowers in my family house. At the party where all my family members and many relatives were, we made phone calls to distant relatives to give well-wishes for the holiday. Then, we all played some enjoyable games together. My father and mother gave all kids gifts. The special thing was that my twenty-one-days baby took a nice gift from his grandparents. On the second day, my friends and teachers surprised me when they visited me and gifted my cute baby Abdulla a baby cart and an amazing set of clothes. My husband's family and his relatives also visited me to see our new guest; my cute baby. At the end of Eid, Abdullah had a lot of gifts and sums of money from the family members, relatives, and friends.
winstonli 6 / 15  
month month are

I and my husband

my husband and I

in your first part i think you should use first person instead of third to make it more personal like Theywe dress in their finest clothes and adorn theirour homes with lights and decorations.

this makes it sound like you participate in these activities too instead of viewing it from an observers eyes
pendar 6 / 12  
I am not good at English so I am not sure but I think "twenty-one-days baby " dosen't need "s"
twenty-one-day baby
mea505 - / 265  
Yes, in that case, you are correct. It should read: my twenty-one-day-old baby.

Again, your essay was very interesting. I enjoyed reading it.

Mark

Home / Writing Feedback / My Favorite Holiday is Eid Al-Fitr