Financial aid to poor countries - does it work?

hmythecutest 1 / -  
Rich countries often give money to poorer countries, but it does not solve poverty. Therefore, developed countries should give other types of help to the poor countries rather than financial aid.

To what extent do you agree or disagree?

It is a common belief that prosperous nations need to offer alternative kinds of help to their poorer counterparts instead of financial assistance. I find myself in complete agreement with this viewpoint.

The first argument given to support my opinion is that poor countries remain poor due to several factors whether there is monetary support or not. I consider less wealthy countries can utilize money to address some problems but it can not attain the sustainable development, just assisting the citizens with resolving short-term issues. That is because corruption is one of the key road block to growth, weakening the economic potential and prosperity. Individuals who reach a level of financial wealth and a certain degree of status exploit their power to benefit themselves regardless of engaging illegal acts. Therefore there is no point in being supplied with a financial aid, the money can not reach the right recipients, who are unfortunate people living on the breadline. Furthermore, poverty also stems from the poor management of government and administrative systems of that nation and no countries have the right to intefere with its internal affairs. As a result, monetary support is not the solely measure to eliminate poverty.

Another rationale behind my belief is that nations with a thriving economy should invest in education to assist their poorer counterparts with alleviating poverty to a certain amount. Children equipped with fundamental knowledge, numeracy and literacy skills will have the potential to get better employment, as well as higher income, greatly contributing to economic development. On the contrary, people with no post-secondary education can earn lower wages or even fall into unemployment. Hence, rich countries need to increase investment in the quality of primary schooling, create access to school in remote areas, making sure that education is available to children living in fragile contexts. As a result, with good education system, poor countries will achieve sustained economic growth in the foreseeable future.

In conclusion, I believe rather than giving direct financial aid, developed nations should supply other forms of long-term assistance such as education to help the less wealthy countries eradicate poverty.

please mark according to ielts band
Please contact me privately to inquire about IELTS rubic scoring review of your essay. I apologize as that is not covered by the free review services. Please find the general work review of your essay below.

You forgot to keep track of your word count. While there is no true word maximum for the task 2 essay, it is always advised that test takers do not write more than 300 words so that you can focus on the true scoring considerations:

1. Thought clarity
2. Vocabulary usage
3. Cohesion and coherence

Writing long essays such as these reduce the quality of the discussion presentation as you open yourself up to unintentional writing errors. Mistakes that could have been avoided if you had focused on the writing quality rather than word quantity. Take for example your first reasoning paragraph.

The first sentence in that paragraph is too long. It contains numerous words but fails to make sense to an English native speaker. It lacks proper idea presentation. Something that would have been present had you given yourself a chance to review and revise that sentence. This is a problem that repeats itself throughout the presentation even as you properly address the overall essay as being based upon your personal opinion. That is a GRA and C+C score enhancer in this case. It is hindered from increasing your score properly because of the problem with thought presentation.

Home / Writing Feedback / Financial aid to poor countries - does it work?