FOCUSING ONE SUBJECT IN UNIVERSITY OR NOT

annahatef 30 / 9 7  
In most universities students focus on specialised subjects, however some people believe that universities should encourage students to study a wide spectrum of subjects. To what extent you agree or disagree? Give your opinion.

I agree that university students should learn in the specific fields. Some people believe that students in university should learn about general topics, while some other have the opinion that students should become a specialists in one major. this essay is explained about being expert in one field may have better result for university students.

To begin with, university students need specific knowledge in one major. They study at universities, because they want to work after graduated in the specific careers. Therefore, focusing on one subject increases their knowledge than others. These graduate students have more chances to get better jobs. Moreover, academic materials at university is very difficult and carefully understanding of these lessons needs a great deal of time, so students should follow one subject to learn. For example, when I was a bachelor student, I could not learn quickly, by passing some different related courses, I could understood new materials highly well, such as electronic I,II, III in which there are the same materials.

Additionally, students can be allowed to focus just their interest subjects. If pupils are forced to study other materials which they do not like, students feel out of place. They may give up their following studies.

On the other hand, students should know about basic materials of different topics. Students have to analysis one problems in different aspects to reduce some harm of bad designing. well-rounded education can help graduate students to have different skills. Also, because of the same difficult theory in university courses, students cannot analysis accurately. They become tired from mono tune materials for long run, so changing the topics can refresh students' minds.

In conclusion, students at university should follow the narrow study, since they will become more prepared for related jobs. While academic students are being motivated by subjects interested, their back ground rises quickly in specific field.
aniani 20 / 20 13  
Hi annahatef, nice to see you here. Now, let me give some corrections on your passage. Here it goes. :)

I agree that university students should learn in the specific fields. Some people believe that students in university should learn about general topics, while some other (1)have the opinion(argue) that students should become a specialists in one major (2).t(T)his essay is explained (3) about being expert in one field may have better result for university students.

1. After word "some", it has to be followed by plural, e.g some others or other people.
2. Student should be a specialist in one major.
3. This essay will discuss....

NB : I suggest you to discuss both views between focusing on specific field and studying a wide spectrum of subjects, but you can state your opinion which one of your position in your thesis statement.

To begin with, university students need specific knowledge in one major(discipline) .
...
These graduate(d) students have more chances to get(obtain) better jobs. Moreover, academic materials at university is(are) very difficult and carefully(hard)understanding(to understand) of these lessons needs ...
... related courses, I could understood (1) new materials highly well...

1. Be careful, after could (modal), it has to be followed by Vinf. So you should write "I could understand".

Additionally, students can be allowed to focus just(on) their interest subjects. If pupils are forced to study other materials which they do not like, students feel out of place. They may give up their following studies.

NB : you can input this paragraph on the second paragraph, because the topic is still related to the previous paragraph.

Students have to analysis(analyse)[/b ] one problems in different aspects to ...

... students cannot analysis[b](analyse)
accurately.

Home / Writing Feedback / FOCUSING ONE SUBJECT IN UNIVERSITY OR NOT