Forested land in six continents over the world throughout a 15-year period

ltdung0612 1 / 1  

forest areas in different continents

The table provides the information about forested land in six continents over the world throughout a 15-year period. Overall, Europe owned the largest forest area whereas Oceania owned a far less forested land.

Looking at the table with more detail, Europe consistently expanded their forest area over the period with 989 million hectares and rose to 1001 million hectares in 1990 and 2005, respectively. By contrast, Oceania was the last ranked continent with 199 million hectares of forest area in 1990 and remained nearly stable in 2005 with 197 million hectares, which was merely one tenth as Europe in 2005.

As is shown in the table, South America owned 946 million hectares of forested land, helping them became the second largest. In the next ten years, the figure plummetted to 904 million and continued to dropped over the period but still maintained its rank. The other continents presented a downward trend continuously throughout the years except for Asia and Africa which slightly fluctuated.

In conclusion, Europe is the only continent showed an upward trend as well as maintained having the largest forest area throughout the period. In contrast, Oceania remained the continent with smallest forested land.

Please help me mark my essay. Thank you!

Maria - / 1,098 389  
@ltdung0612

Hi there!

I have a couple of notes for you to ponder on.

In terms of content, I recommend creating more concise sentences through omitting portions that are unnecessary in developing your thoughts. In addition to this, evade spreading your arguments/analysis to thin (wherein you keep writing a sentence despite repetitive mentions of a specific concept - or despite the fact that you could have added a different approach to building your perspective).

In order to avoid being confusing in curating your analysis, also try to evade using sentences that are quite baffling.

When you have alternative words that can relay the same information but in a more specific/technical manner, always opt to use them.

Be cautious of your preposition, punctuation, and (the consistency of) the forms of the verbs.

Having said that, let's revise.

The table provides information on forested land covering six continents within a fifteen-year period. Overall, Europe owns the largest forest area, whereas Oceania owns the least.

Europe has consistently expanded their forest area from 989 million hectares in 1990 to 1001 hectares in 2005. Conversely, Oceania ranked last with 197 million hectares from a mere 199 million hectares within the same period; this is one-tenth of Europe's total.

[...]

Notice how I had removed most of the irrelevant phrases and focused primarily on content that should be developed.

Remember that depth is crucial in these forms of essay.

Best of luck in your writing endeavors!
OP ltdung0612 1 / 1  
@Maria
Thank you very much for your feedback. This helps a lot!

Home / Writing Feedback / Forested land in six continents over the world throughout a 15-year period