Writing task 1: Gold sales in Dubai

SHanafi 120 / 415 93  
The line chart presents the number of gold sales in Dubai during a calendar year in 2002.
Overall, the Dubai gold sales fluctuated throughout the year. Besides, sales stances stronger as the peak period observed in March while the weakest sale figures could be observed in July and September.

A series of data revealed that Dubai's gold sales increased slightly from 200 million dirhams to around 230 million dirhams in February. After a short peak period by 350 million dirhams sales in March, such upward trend plummeted dramatically over the next for month to stand nearly 100 million dirhams in July.

As per the August sales onward, the significant sales occurred before leveled off in the end of period. Experiencing a little rebound to 200 million sales in August, the trend dropped to nearly 100 million in September, a similar sale in July. However, from October onward the Gold sales in Dubai remained stable by around 130 million.

... excellent intro :) ... the only small mistake you've done is that it should be "line graph" not "line chart" - line graph, bar chart, pie chart

This is very well written :) If you did this on your own without any help, an of course within the allowed time, I think you are really good with this task now :) When is the exam?
OP SHanafi 120 / 415 93  
When is the exam?

It is held in 24th of May, Pahan. I hope the prompt given is the one which I understand enough.
eddies [Contributor] 25 / 1,208 476  
I have read this sample answer written by E. Tahasoni.
For me, his writing is good, but lacks paragraph unity and coherence.
If you come to the real exam, you should use paragraphing sufficiently and appropriately as to earn a good score for Coherence and Cohesion
I recommend putting it at the beginning of your essay, just after the introduction (leave one space) Not separating paragraph, you may get penalized !

1. Rose/ increased steadily
2. Rose/ increased dramatically
3. Rose/ increased gradually
4. Plunged to ...
5. Peaked at / reached a high of ...
6. Stood at
7. Fluctuated
8. Fell/ dropped dramatically/ sharply
9. Reach a trough of ...
10. Remained constant/ unchanged/ stable at ...
11. Levelled off/ evened out at ...
12. Hit a low of ...
eddies [Contributor] 25 / 1,208 476  
Look at the picture and learn the vocabularies used. Here is the link belajar-ielts.blogspot.com/2014/05/look-at-picture-and-learn-vocabularies.html
1. Rose/ increased steadily
2. Rose/ increased dramatically
3. Rose/ increased gradually
4. Plunged to ...
5. Peaked at / reached a high of ...
6. Stood at
7. Fluctuated
8. Fell/ dropped dramatically/ sharply
9. Reach a trough of ...
11. Levelled off/ evened out at ...
12. Hit a low of ...

It is held in 24th of May,

The best way to go about this task is to follow a solid essay structure and improve your time management skills on writing. If you have the essential features with good grammar and vocabulary, then you would be up on the deal.
eddies [Contributor] 25 / 1,208 476  
Overall, the Dubai gold sales fluctuated throughout the year.

Home / Writing Feedback / Writing task 1: Gold sales in Dubai