Government policy is not inappropriate to solve today's issues

Diqon 10 / 33 12  
It is true that consuming fast food routine can affect people's health. While an opinion says that government is responsible arranging food taxing to reduce an unhealthy food, I would argue that there are some reasons should be considered rising the food cost.

The number of delicious fast food has been increasing significantly disturbing people health over time. More and more people order fast food every day because they have a bound time to prepare balance diet. To illustrate, a working time in rush hours forces their time to do a wide range of schedules in office in which rest time they have without a healthy food. Having a breakfast or a lunch must be had in a hurry. So, they are less time take care great to choose a balance diet. As such, companies that provide a lot of junk food such as hamburger and hotdog ordered by employees in a restaurant have many chances to sell them due to limited time of consumers to option food. In my opinion, here should be a policy taken by government to manage selling fast food by high food taxing.

Furthermore, there are some reasons before the government publishes rules regarding a high cost junk food. Firstly, if policy doers design some rules of food price, they should view consumers how much money they could spend to purchase food. Automatically, price junk food will rise sharply because of high taxing. In fact, buyer of junk food can be predicted fell down to buy the food. As a result, the economic will be unbalance then companies which have available junk food reducing their workers affected of few people to eat junk food it can be also less companies' profits. Secondly, as far as I am considered, I think neither high taxing nor ban people eat fast food can diminish problems. Government should inform only effects of fast food for human health such obesity. Finally, people will be seldom to eat junk food. It is appropriate act to solve obesity issues.

In conclusion, indeed an unhealthy food affects humans' condition like obesity, I think that government guide societies what are dangerous things if they consume junk food over. It is unfair whether putting high taxing of fast food or reverse.
Diqon, I am very familiar with the prompt that you are trying to respond to and I can firmly say that you have not developed the correct response to the essay prompt. You are only supposed to agree or disagree with the issue of government taxation on fast food. There is nothing in the prompt that asks you to discuss alternatives to the taxation plan, nor are you being asked to present additional information regarding alternative solutions.

While you did present a very good argument in support of your suggestion, that is not the point of the essay. it has nothing to do with raising the price of food outside of taxes. Your discussion must only support your point of view regarding the prompt. If I may, I would like you to review the prompt that you are responding to. It states that:

In some countries an increasing number of people are suffering from health problems as a result of eating too much fast food. It is therefore necessary for governments to impose a higher tax on this kind of food.

To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion

It all boils down to the fact that you have not properly stated your opinion in the thesis statement/introduction. If you restate the prompt in the following manner:

"While the number of health diseases related to fast food consumption continues to rise, the government is expected to take some sort of action that will help to alleviate or resolve the problem. Some sectors of society believe that the government should raise taxes on fast food in order to force people to eat healthy food. Others, believe that raising taxes on fast food will not resolve the health problem it causes. In my opinion, the government should take action to resolve the issue by raising taxes on fast food purchases. It is my opinion that raising the taxes on fast food carries some major benefits for the health of the public for a number of reasons..."

Then you can discuss the benefits of raising taxes such as making fast food a more expensive alternative to healthier foods. It will encourage restaurants to make their food healthier because of tax breaks that they can get if they offer "healthy" fast food instead, or that raising taxes can serve to help the government fund healthy feeding programs. The reasons to support increased taxes are endless. All you have to do is discuss it properly.

Home / Writing Feedback / Government policy is not inappropriate to solve today's issues