ielts writing essay about Should governments give more financial support to local film industries

alieee 1 / -  
Many people prefer to watch foreign films rather than locally produced films.
Why could this be? Should governments give more financial support to local film industries?

Nowadays, there are more and more people enjoy foreign films instead of local ones. While the theme from foreign firms is more interesting and also the technologies are more fancy, it would have more expenditure on film production which needs government support.

There are various reasons why many people find foreign films more enjoyable than films produced in their own countries. Firstly, the movie theme is the most important part of the movie. Popular themes such as adventure, magic, and sci-fi usually need more advanced animations with high production costs. Well-known movies such as 'Harry Potter' is one of the examples of vivid animations that lead the audience into a magical world. Secondly, foreign movies often star the most famous actors and actresses, and they are made by the most accomplished producers and directors. By contrast, the poor movie production team would have less possibility to fulfill the film.

In my opinion, governments should support local film industries financially. Firstly, the casts need funding for training and practice, while talented amateur film-markers also need chances to improve their skills and inspiration. Secondly, the equipment needs to be updated as time goes by, as the old saying 'If a workman wishes to do a good job, he must first sharpen his tools.' Both of them need financial support to output high-quality films to attract theatergoers. If governments did help with these costs, they would see an increase in employment on in the film industry, income from film sales, and perhaps a rise in tourist numbers. Take 'Cape No.7' for example, Kenting has seen a notable increase in tourism just after the movie was released.

In conclusion, I believe that increased financial support could help raise the quality of locally made films and allow them to compete with the foreign productions that currently dominate the market.
Holt  Educational Consultant - / 15055 4834  
You are not very skilled at creating sentences and paragraphs in the English language yet. Your prompt restatement and writer's opinion paragraph, also known as paragraph 1, comes across as confusing because of the illogical sentence composition. While your effort to paraphrase and set across an idea is commendable, the problem is that nobody can understand what you are trying to say. This confusion will directly affect your scores in the LR, C+C, and GRA sections. These sections will all receive failing marks, which will result in an overall failing score. The discussions in the 2 reasoning paragraphs are not properly connected. These are not cohesive in terms of presentation and further highlight your inability to compose an understandable English sentence.

Home / Writing Feedback / ielts writing essay about Should governments give more financial support to local film industries