Essay on whether 9th graders should be able to test out of high school

smnoelke 1 / -  

Study subjects depending on the results

The paper has to be at least 4 pages long and so far, I have just over three pages written, but I'm running out of ideas. I have a thesis (students should be able to test out of subjects they excel in so they can focus on ones they struggle with) and three reasons (1. I excelled in English thoughout my academic career and would have done reasonably well in a college English class. 2. I struggled with math and would have benefited from more time to improve in that area. 3. Whether a student can test out of a subject they got decent grades in but showed no remarkable skill should be determined based on the subject matter of the class and the individual student's understanding and absorption of it in the past.) How should I proceed? Also, my professor doesn't mind if we crowdsource ideas, so if anyone has ideas/opinions or personal experience they're willing to share, that would be helpful.

Prompt: If you achieve adequately high scores on assessment tests, should you be able to opt out of high school? For example, if in 9th grade, you prove you have greater abilities in every subject than the average high school graduate, should you be able to move on to college? There are a few things to consider. How would you have done in this class (ENGL 1010) as a fourteen-year old? Would you go directly to college, or would you do nothing for a few years? What would you do if you graduated from college at age eighteen? Are we encouraged to waste our time? (Do not write an essay that answers the questions in order.)
Each person would respond to the prompts differently. You have provided pretty logical responses to the early questions at this point. Most of which are personal in nature. That said, you should avoid crowd-sourcing the restof your responses to the remaining questions. Do not be afraid to open up to your professor if you would have accepted to graduate college at age 18 or not. It appears that you would not appreciate an early graduation. Explain why. Focus on your desire to improve in your weak learning areas. Reason out as to why a student should not be rushed out of the college learning process based on your current observations and experiences. You will be able to expand on the discussion points more if you use a personal point of view instead of general reference points.

Home / Writing Feedback / Essay on whether 9th graders should be able to test out of high school