Toefl Grades based solely on exams or participation during classes.

ziya 2 / 3  
Every school or university has own strategy to grade students. Each strategy has its pros and cons. Before making a final decision let us consider all aspects of these phenomena.

First of all, I would like to indicate that to grade students based on only exams has some advantages. Thus, sometimes students are shy to present their ideas in the class though they know everything quite well. At this time shy but shrewd students can get their grades quite easily in the exams. Oppositely, to grade students based only on the exams has some disadvantages. Because this make students inactive during the class hours. Consequently, person becomes unsociable. It is not good thing for today's society.

On the other hand, I would like to emphasize that grading students based on the class hours than exams has its own advantages and disadvantages. For instance, some students are very sociable and they can get their grades very easily by participating in the classes. They are very comfortable while speaking to a mass-listeners. However, there is another type of students, which I mentioned above, the shy ones who could not speak in front of the others. These type of students always have some problems with their professors. Because, professors consider such students as a weak ones and do not want to grade them, while they are good enough.

After analysing all the aspects of both I would like to show that as far as I am concerned, I would just as soon the first one. Because, I am some kind of shy and this prevents me to participate in the class discussion. This is not because I do not know the material, but because I am not interested in such type
Namnam 3 / 8  
Every school or university has own strategypolicy to grade students. Each strategy has its pros and cons. [font#FF0000]I think that you need to add more sentence here. I feel a little bit ...um~ ]. Before making a final decision let us consider all aspects of these phenomena (what phenomena?).

First of all, I would like to indicate that to grade students based on only exams has some advantages. Thus, sometimes students are too shy to present their ideas induring the class though they know everythingum I think everything should change another expression . quite well. At this time shy but shrewd students canmay get their grades quite easily higher grade in the exams. Oppositely, to grade students based only on the exams has some disadvantages. Because this make students inactive during the class hours. Consequently, person becomes unsociable. It is not good thing for today's society.

I think when you write a toefl essay, you should advocate only one postion. In this essay, you should choose only one aspect between exam-based grading or paticipation-based grading. What I mean is that even if you have positive idea for both aspects, but you emphasize only one part.
OP ziya 2 / 3  
Thank you very much.

Home / Writing Feedback / Toefl Grades based solely on exams or participation during classes.