IELTS ; Increased prices of petrol can solve growing traffic and pollution issues

Minions144 2 / 4  
Topic: Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems.To what extent do you agree or disagree? What other measures do you think might be effective?

-----------------------

Admitedly, both traffic congestion and pollution are pressing social issues in modern life. In order to bring down these concerns, some people suggest the method of petrol price increase. In my opinion, it is not an optimal approach and there needs more constructive measure to tackle this problem.

As the result of rise in petrol price, travelers are tempted to use public transport, which helps to lower the current pollution situation. However, in reality, the public transport system is not good that causes people waste much time waiting and travelling between bus stops, even not mentioning the bad service of this means. Undeniably, the demand of private vehicle is inevitable. It is likely to see that if the government decides to set the high price of petrol, it will be the personal burden for people, especially low-income workers who are using motorbike to make ends meet. It is their stumbling block that the daily spending for travelling is escalating while their salary remains unchanged. Furthermore, heavy charge of petrol will trigger panic and the affection of irrelevant items such as foods, footwear, which damages the social stability.

As mentioned above, the measure of pushing petrol price up is not essential for causing the social issues in citizen's psychology and their life. In order to combat the problem of traffic congestion, it is believed that the government should establish a good traffic infrastructure by widening road, building more overhead bridges. Similarly, the plan-maker should come up with the effective solutions in peak times such as limit the number of car users ( taxi or big truck) entering the city center in the traffic jam period. Besides, the pollution issue can be addressed by encouraging citizens to use the electric motor vehicle, saying electric bycle. Attitude plays an indispensable role in solving this environment issue. If each individual is willing to plant a tree, the planet is believed to be more green and less polluted. Therefore,let people express their love towards life by their own actions, not stressing their life by setting the petrol price high.

In conclusion, the growing rate of traffic and pollution originates from various causes, urgently needed to consider cautiously. In order to ensure a stable life, it is a suggestion not to increase the petrol price so that people including the rich and the poor feel satisfied to feed and support for family.

Thank you so much for reading through and helping me to figure my mistakes out.
I am on the way to upgrade my writing skill.
fahadbd 25 / 56 5  
while their salary remains unchangedconstant . Furthermore, heavy charge of petrol will trigger panic ? and the affection of irrelevant items such as foods, footwear, which damages the social stability
Redtape 4 / 31 11  
Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems

On the given task you should support and argue on the petrol price increase on two issues 1. Growing traffic and 2. Pollution Problem. In my opinion you've supported the first and the foremost part whereas the later one I mean point 2 was not discussed.

I would rather suggest you should have mentioned by saying some thing like this:- How many times we witnessed only one person is travelling on a 4 wheeler vehicle which not only causing pollution but also occupying more space on the road thus causing more traffic problems.

And I think you could substitute this bit in your essay at

However, in reality, the public transport system is not good that causes people waste much time waiting and travelling between bus stops, even not mentioning the bad service of this means.

I'm a strong supporter of mass transportation system as it not only reduces the pollution but also fit with in the budget.

Dear friend this is only a suggestion I thought of sharing.

Cheers!!
OP Minions144 2 / 4  
while their salary remains unchanged constant. Furthermore, heavy charge of petrol will trigger panic ? and the affection of irrelevant items such as foods, footwear, which damages the social stability

Dear fahadbd,

"trigger panic" I mean the waves of indignation when goverment sets the high petrol price.

Sorry. It is not irrelevant items ===> relevant items

Thank you fahadbd for helping me to check. :)
OP Minions144 2 / 4  
Dear redtape,

I highly appreciate your comment. I will save your advice.

Thank you so much for helping me to check. :)

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS ; Increased prices of petrol can solve growing traffic and pollution issues