I'm influenced by my religion, Buddhism / University of Michigan supp / Community

painglintun 5 / 15 2  
Everyone belongs to many different communities and/or groups defined by (among other things) shared geography, religion, ethnicity, income, cuisine, interest, race, ideology, or intellectual heritage. Choose one of the communities to which you belong, and describe that community and your place within it. (Approximately 250 words)

I grew up in Burma, Yangon where the majority of people are Buddhists. I'm one of them, and since my parents are devoted to this religion, the way I think the way I perceive things are mostly linked to my religion. As a Buddhist since I was young, I was always instilled with the believe that I should help others, and treat others fairly. My life was mostly dedicated to help one way or another to others and this has been a habit for me. Whenever I went my father to the oil palm plantation, I always had the opportunity to teach to young villagers who were working for my father. He set up a small local school for children's education, and I was always pushed by my father to study more because he believes education is an essential part of life.

My father has a set ideology on helping others. He believes that if you do good deeds for others, you have a happy and satisfying life. From childhood, his words have influenced me in many ways, and from that idea I was inspired to make a change that would benefit society. As a Burmese citizen, I seek to change the way of life in people, such as my volunteer work in Mary Chapman School of the Deaf. I helped deaf people in there to enunciate their voices, and have seen many of the troubles they face. I want to change my community and in doing so I want to help them with machines and technology to future citizens in Burma.
Edna 7 / 19 7  
Hi :)
I think this is a very interesting topic to write about,however I still want to recommend some suggestions about your sentences and structures ^^

" I am one of them. Since my parents are devoted to this religion, it effects my way of thinking as well as the way I perceive the surroundings.

" When I was young, I was always instilled with the belief that I should help people and treat them fairly.My life was mostly dedicated to help one way or another to others and this has been a habit for me. Whenever I go with my father to the oilpalm plantation, I always have the opportunity to teach to young villagers who are working for my father (I think you should indicate what you taught them or make this sentence clearer). He set up a small local school for children 's education . My father always tells me to study hard because he believes that knowledge is an essential part of life ."

Good luck :)

Home / Writing Feedback / I'm influenced by my religion, Buddhism / University of Michigan supp / Community