IELTS writing task 2: personal info online

alex83 1 / -  
Task 2: Many people put their personal information online (address, telephone number, and so on) for purposes such as signing up for social networks or online banking. Is this a positive or negative development?

Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

Over the past few years, the internet has been improved rapidly, following its development is the establishment of numerous websites. Most websites these days require the users to sign in using their own personal information, and personally, I think that it's not a good idea to put your real name on a website that you don't trust.

I'll explain my reasoning for believing that disclosing personal information is the worst choice in this essay.

First of all, although most websites require you to sign up just to use the website, some of them are scams, and you should think before signing up because only by giving away your identity, did the scammers use your identity to scam other people. Despite this, most people still decided to use their information, believing that the website they're signing up for is completely secure, and as a result, many of them are now facing a lot of consequences. However, although scams happen every day and the authorities have already warned users to be careful when using their personal information, there has been an increase in the number of people who have been scammed.

It is said that it's hard to detect a scammer because many of them are masters of disguise. They can act like they're employees of a large company, but in reality, they're not. But you don't need to spend your time deciding whether someone is a scammer or not. What you should do is not put your real identity on any website that you don't trust.

Overall, giving away your identity is never a good choice, whether you give it to someone that you trust or not. You should keep your identity safe because someone might steal it and use it to commit crime
Holt  Educational Consultant - / 15055 4834  
The prompt restatement is barely related to the original prompt. This will be judged to be unrelated to the original discussion and receive a failing score for the paragraph. The writer's opinion does not respond correctly to the given question. The score for that section will again, be a failing one since it does not respond in the correct format. The essay will start with a failing score, meaning it will not get a passing score in the overall consideration.

There is no need for this stand alone paragraph. All that is required is a properly worded paraphrase and opinion statement. This stand alone sentence will not receive a scoring consideration.

The discussion paragraphs do not relate to social media networks or online banking. While a low score will be provided for a somewhat related discussion, it will not be high enough to result in a final passing score.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS writing task 2: personal info online