Intensive Agriculture Impact on Earth - destructive agriculture

lowryder49 7 / 31  
Essay topic: What do you think can be done to conserve nature and protect endangered species from the destructive forces of man? Write an essay

Intensive Agriculture Impact on Earth

The adoption of agriculture and the domestication of animals it is believed to have been one of the most significant revolution in the human culture; however, nowadays, the effects of intensive agriculture is jeopardizing nature and causing great losses of species. Soil exhaustion, disruption of water supplies, deforestation and urbanization are just a few of the problems that came along with agriculture. The direct result of these is a systematic destruction of ecosystems. Although solutions may seem elusive, it is important to make some attempts to try to stop agriculture destructive effects.

One of the problems that come with agriculture is soil exhaustion. As demands for products are growing, and as a result of the climate change and global warming, farmers tend to overuse their lands. Intensive cultivation leaves the soil without nutrients and it looses its fertility. The use of pesticides also adds to the problem. Their chemicals help to the erosion of the soil and pollution of the water. The government should control the distribution of more benign pesticides and promote rotation of the fields used for crops and grazing to prevent the exhaustion of the soil.

Just as importantly, another problem connected with intensive agriculture is the disruption of water supply. This is also connected with deforestation and urbanization. After a land has been drain of its resources, agricultures need to move to another area to continue their production. This leads to deforestation of new areas to provide them land for growing and for living. Deforestation causes destruction of ecosystems which results in the lost of animals' habitats, food and water supply. Similarly, water needs to be channelized in the direction of their crops and farmers houses. This causes the killing of aquatic ecosystems and droughts. One possible answer to this problem could be that water supply should strictly be control by the proper authorities in order to prevent the extermination of natural habitats. Strategies should also be implemented to help water be distributed without damaging the ecosystems and to remain free from pesticides. Channelization of water should be limited.

In conclusion, it is a fact that we depend on agriculture, but it is also worthwhile to understand what this entails for. Knowing the problem, people can help to undermine it. Sadly, the solutions to those problems are clearly in hands of political decisions and they seem to remain resilient to environmental policies changes.

Please help! I've lost some practice in writing in english and there is an an exam coming. (this is not for the exam of course)

thank you
Lorena Costilla
CarmenCM 3 / 5  
The adoption of agriculture and the domestication of animals it is believed to have been one of the most significant revolution in the human culture

the effects of intensive agriculture are jeopardizing nature and causing great losses of species
it is important to make attempts to stop agriculture destructive effects.
One of the problems that comes with agriculture is soil exhaustion.
The use of pesticides also exacerbates the problem
OP lowryder49 7 / 31  
Hi Thanks for your help , I'm going to make those changes now and I'm going to check yours
Lorena Costilla

Home / Writing Feedback / Intensive Agriculture Impact on Earth - destructive agriculture