International travel is becoming more and more affordable for everyone, even for the ordinary people

Blackcbn 1 / -  
Ielts writing task 2: international travel

interantional travel is becoming cheaper and cheaper and more countries are now opening their doors to foreign visitors. Do you think the advantage of this trend outweight the disadvantages?

It is true that these days, international travel is becoming more and more affordable for everyone, even for the ordinary people and many countries in the world have implemented several policies to attract foreign travellers. My stance is that the problems associated with this trend pale in comparison with the benefits it brings to both the government and the local people.

Granted, there are several problems that need to be concerned when an influx of foreign travellers visit a country. Chief of these is the higher pressure put on the environment. This can be explained by the fact that when more international visitors come to a certain area, more infrastructure and amenities such as hotels, restaurants and leisure centres have to be built to meet their demands. The corollary of such action is not only the loss of many natural land zones but also a high amount of waste from those places being disposed of into the environment, leading to the deterioration of the local environment.

However, it would be imprudent to underestimate the importance of international tourism. First, it is repeatedly found to be the driving force behind the economic growth of many nations. It is obvious that when foreign tourists visit a country, they have to search and pay for accommodations, restaurants, souvenirs and the like and such patterns of behaviour may provide more employment opportunities for the local people and obviously, tourism is a lucrative business. In addition, opening the doors to international visitors also enables them to come and perceive the local cultural heritage, which is a useful way to empower the country's unique culture to be recognised worldwide.

In conclusion, considering various impacts that international tourism may have on a particular country in terms of the damage done to the local environment as well as the economic prospects, I believe that the upside of this trend is far more significant than the downside.
It is important that the writer preserve the original presentation topic by not adding a personal opinion in the restatement. Not only does adding information that is not in the original and thus, have no supporting basis, it also alters the sentiment of the orginal. It goes from a neutral to bias tone, which lowers the T A score of the essay. The essay could have been stronger if the writer had properly formatted his response.

Do you think the advantage of this trend outweight the disadvantages? The question needs to have a response that will convince the reader that the uniter has the correct opinion. How is this done? User paragraphs that accomplishes the following:

- Present an advantage
- Why is it an advantage?
- Contradict / oppose the reason
- Offer evidence /an example to prove the contradiction correct
- Add a supporting reason based on the example or, transition into the next paragraph reason that aligns with the Advantage V. Disadvantage format.

The first reason of the writer follows a similar discussion to above format. The writer should have continued to follow that presentation line.

Home / Writing Feedback / International travel is becoming more and more affordable for everyone, even for the ordinary people