Ielts- The internet and change of lives

tmtrang91 1 / 1  
Please give me some feedback. Thank you very much.

Topic: The Internet has dramatically altered our lives over the past few decades. Although some of these changes have been negative, the overall effect of this technology has been positive. What are your opinions on this?

The appearance of Internet has a significance change in our lives in the recent years. There are still some arguments about its effects in social whether positive or negative, but in my opinion, the advantages of this technology can't be denied and be far outweigh its drawback. There are two standout benefits.

Firstly, people can find it easier to communicate via the internet. In the past, keeping in touch with the one we care had taken a long time and even risks by sending letters to each other. Now, it becomes more facilitated with email, MSN and some applications which help calling and seeing people such as Skype and Yahoo. Though, staying in the online rather than talking to real people caused social isolation, but we can not denied that the internet reduces the distance of people around the world and keep us become closer.

Equally importantly, the internet keeps almost the information in the world available and easy at our fingertips. In the earlier time, we had to find it in the library and stepped in a thousand of books, but now all we have to do is open the computer or mobile phone and click some buttons. We can improve out knowledge everywhere with internet.

Although not all the information available in the internet is helpful, there are some offence and dangerous materials which have negative impaction, such as porn and terrorism documents and so on. Nevertheless, I restate my view that the beneficial of using free information in the internet and the closer it brings to our life is remarkable and can not be negated.
gmad06 20 / 151 55  
Another way of presenting your essay in relation to the task you are having
would be as follows:

a) talk about which aspect of people's lives have been changed due to the internet
b) try to categorize your ideas as negative and positive
c) order it in such a way that you would talk about the negative impacts first, then talk
about the advantages and how they outweigh the negative
d) In the conclusion you can further emphasize your opinion with relevance to the ideas you
have presented

hope this helps
The appearance of Internet has a significance change in our lives in the recent years

The Internet made a significant change in our lives in the recent years.

There are still some arguments about its effects in social whether positive or negative, but in my opinion, the advantages of this technology can't be denied and be far outweigh its drawback.

....need to improve clarity;
Although some people claim that it caused many negative social effects, in my opinion, I believe that its advantages outweigh its disadvantages.
Firstly, people can find it easier to communicate via the internet. I

...not only easier. It's more efficient and low cost. You better mention about those points :)

In the past, keeping in touch with the one we care had taken a long time and even risks by sending letters to each other.

In the past, staying connected with our loved ones had been a tedious task.
OP tmtrang91 1 / 1  
Thank you all for giving me feedback, I will keep it in mind and try harder next time. Thank you again :)

Home / Writing Feedback / Ielts- The internet and change of lives