IELTS - Investment For a Nation's Future

plantton 1 / 2  
You should spend about 40 minutes on this task.

Write about the following topic:

Some people say that the best way for a country to prepare for the future is to invest more resources in its young people.

How do you think of it?

What measures should be taken to deal with it?

Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

Write at least 250 words.

Answer:
Definitely, in the age of competition, a country should invest more resources in its younger generation to help them adapting to the fast-changing world. In this essay, I would like to give some suggestions on how could a country spend money and energy on this issue.

The society should emphasis on the equal opportunity for all to receive education of equal quality. According to a latest survey released by UNESCO, there are around 67 million school-age children can not receive fundamental education because of poverty (through the world). In fact, there are a great number of young people facing the same issue in China, most of whom are from the vast rural area. Even those who got chances to continue their study may not obtain education of same quality as their counterparts living in the cities. Under the circumstances, the governments should promote effective policies to support building enough public educational utilities in the backward areas. Apart from that, regularized financial supporting mechanism should be introduced to supply sufficient funding to maintain the educational system in the future. In addition, mass media and non-government organizations should collaborate with the governments on this issue to draw the attention of the whole society.

Education program must keep up with the changing times. Preparing for the future means the youth must acquire enough knowledge and skills adapting to the future. Conversely, a recent study conducted by the Chinese Acadamy of Social Sciences indicates that most of the classes taught in the universities are "out of date". As a result, many companies cannot find youth qualified enough to fill available positions. Needless to say, the universities must reform the academic classes as soon as possible. It is necessary to revise the textbook with new methods and new ideas, as well as to increase the number of specialist teachers of fresh knowledge.

Furthermore, I recommend the cultivation of young people should adapt to globalization. In nowadays, with the acceleration of globalization, more companies begin to expand their business overseas than ever. Accompanied with these phenomenons, the employees are yearn for recruit people with abundant international experiences. For instance, Uniqlo, Japan's leading clothing retail chain, has officially announced that it will send almost 10 % of its employers to work overseas, with the ambition to be the worlds number one casual clothing brand. There seems to have more opportunities for the young man who has prepared for the era of globalization.

In conclusion, I would say that the society should use its resources cautiously to educate its youth with the prospect to be success in the future. The outcomes will absolutely turn out to be good.
sobin 12 / 24  
hi
i read your essay
n i would like to appreciate ur effort.

n i would like to suggest you to modify your intro sentence..
indeed you have done a good job..but, if you had added some other points,like creating more job opportunities for youngsters,utilizing their dynamic energy for economic development of the country,it would be better..

all the very best for your exam:-)
OP plantton 1 / 2  
Thank you for your suggestions! I think it is very useful for me.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS - Investment For a Nation's Future