The laws are needed to make people recycle more waste?

Ilmi_03 47 / 69 11  
Some people claim that not enough of the waste from homes is recycled.
They say the only way to increase recycling is for governments to make it a legal requirement.
To what extent do you think laws are needed to make people recycle more of their waste?

Recycling domestic waste has become controversial issue among people. Most argued that there should be more plastics or papers processed in recycled machine than it was recently. Thus, all we need is stringent measures to encourage citizens to get involved in this attempt. However, I personally disagree with this initiative issue since the role of education is more essential in order to engage people recycling the garbage.

It is often believed that the power of laws can drive citizens to obey desired attitudes in the society. This is because whoever neglects the rules will be punished, either by paying fines or putting in the jail. For instance, a car driver passing 3 in 1 lines has to ensure that he picks up at least 3 passengers. If they do not so, they are going to be prisoned or to pay $3,000. However, it is undeniable that office workers who are in a hurry hire others to accompany them during the journey. Clearly, establishing an official obligation is not effective to encourage citizens in the term of recycling process.

Educated young people about environmental science in the formal institution is a worth idea to raise awareness of the importance of recycling. As a matter of fact, students will realize why it is significant to modify old things, and they can learn how to reuse those. In addition, students who are going to be adults in the immediate future will bring the household rubbish to the recycling centre without any force, having their own initiatives. Furthermore, young people can introduce this way to other family members.

To sum up, the majority of people think that official statements have affords to tackle the recycling problem. Meanwhile I have a tendency to think that it is better to educate young people because they will bring greater impacts on the environment. Hopefully, citizens are going to welcome this idea.
Nurul, the prompt is asking you about laws regarding the implementation of recycling in communities. You are supposed to be discussing the possibility or necessity of implementing more laws in order to get people to recycle more materials. I cannot understand why you are discussing education instead in your essay. The prompt doesn't ask you anything about educating the people so it is clear that you did not understand the prompt requirements for this essay. There is no clear discussion regarding the extent or necessity of laws that could encourage people to increase their recycling. So if I were the examiner, it will be clear to me that you did not understand the prompt requirements, which led to the wrong discussion in your essay. I will not grade this essay for you because it will not have a passing grade. I will however, encourage you to revise your essay in order to give you another chance to fully understand the prompt and properly discuss the material. You will not get the same chance in a real test so I suggest that you work on your English comprehension skills in order to ensure that you will not only understand the prompt, but that you will also be able to discuss it properly.

Home / Writing Feedback / The laws are needed to make people recycle more waste?