The line chart illustrates the change in the use of new technology in general families in Britain

zhangqin 3 / 10  
The graph below shows in percentage terms the changing patterns of domestic access to modern technology in homes in the UK.

Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. Write at leat 150 words.

The line chart illustrates the change in the percentage of new technology which is used in general families in Britain from 1996 to 2003.

During the 8-year period, there was a steady increase happened in two different technological devices, namely CD player and home computer, the former from 60 percent to a little more than 80 percent and the latter from slightly less than 30 percent to just over 50 percent.

The percentage of Mobile phone saw an upward trend with some ups and downs, from nearly 20 percent in 1996 to almost 75 percent in 2003. According to the data of internet access, however, the figure was not provided to domestic until 1998, but its proportion grew rapidly from 10 percent to at least 47 percent in 2003.

In conclusion, while the percentage of CD player occupied the first place for 8 years, mobile phone surpassed home computer, won a "runner up" in the percentage and a "champion" in the increasing amplitude.

P.S. how to use the word "data"?
Thank you very much.
Qin Zhang
cmg 2 / 14  
"the internet access" isn't so much a device as much as an application available on a device. Data is a compilation of factual information used as a basis for reasoning, calculation and discussion.
The line chart illustrates the change in the percentage of new technology which is used in general families in Britain from 1996 to 2003.------ This is confusing. Do you mean the percentage of all new technology that is available? Maybe you mean the kinds of technology they use?

Yes, I see that is what you mean... the kinds of technology. So do this:
The line chart illustrates the changes in the percentage use of new technology which is in general families in Britain from 1996 to 2003. It shows what percentages of families used ______, _________, _________, and ____________. (List the kinds of technology used.)

The percentage of families using mobile phones saw an upward trend with some ups and downs, from nearly 20 percent in 1996 to almost 75 percent in 2003.

In conclusion, while the percentage of families using CD players occupied the...

:-)

Home / Writing Feedback / The line chart illustrates the change in the use of new technology in general families in Britain