Writing Task 1: Line graph - The percentage of tourists to 4 attractions in Scotland for 30 years

dangngoctung4 4 / 7 1  

the popularity of four tourists attractions in Scotland

The graph illustrates the proportion of visitors in 4 points: aquarium, castle, zoo and festival in Scotland from 1980 to 2010.

Overall, it is obvious that the rate of those who visited the castle and zoo was more than the aquarium and festival over the period. Except the festival did not have too much change, all 3 remaining places were so for 30 years.

Starting at 10% in 1980, the zoo witnessed a fluctuation throughout the period, before ending at the highest point in the last year of the period which was 20%. Similarly, the castle began at 23% approximately in the first year, then thrived significantly for the next 15 years with a peak in 1995, at 45%, and finally experienced a considerable fall to nearly 35% in 2010.

In contrast, the aquarium's rate of visitors was one-fifth in 1980. The trend then climbed to the highest point at 35% in the next 5 years, followed by fluctuation until 1995, and fell gradually to 10% in 2010. Within 3 decades, however, the percentage of those who visited the festival nearly did not change but experienced a stable decrease from slightly over 30% in 1980 down to about one-fifth in the last year of the period.

all 3 remaining places were so for 30 years.

Were so what? What do you mean? That the measurements did not change? Then by all means say so. Make it clear to the reader. The sentence is missing content hence, it lacks a logical thought presentation that can help the reader understand the summarized information.

The rest of the reporting information is acceptable. you have done an acceptable job of reporting the information. However, you could have tried to increase the word count with a deeper analysis. That way you would have further showed your analysis and reporting skills in the essay. You could have also noted and reported on the overlapping points as these are minute references that most exam takers miss on reporting, not knowing it increases the overall score.

Home / Writing Feedback / Writing Task 1: Line graph - The percentage of tourists to 4 attractions in Scotland for 30 years