(writing task 1) The title: Percentage of tourists to Scotland who visited different attractions.

Vang 1 / -  
The title:

Percentage of tourists to Scotland who visited different attractions.

The chart shows the proportion of visitors to Scotland who traveled to different places of interest in 30 years commencing from 1980.

As can be seen, throughout the period, the rate of castle visitors tended to increase. From 1980 to 1995 the finger of castle visitors increased dramatically and reached a pick of approximately 45%. Since 1980 the rate of castle visitors has always remained above 20%. In 1980 the percentage of zoo travelers was 10%. During the period, the proportion of Zoo travelers hovered around 13%.

Looking at others tourist destinations, in 1980, the rate of festival visitors was 30% and the finger of aquarium travelers was 20%. Generally, the rate of both places of interest tended to decrease. Throughout the period the proportion of aquarium visitors fluctuated. Over the period the finger declined by roughly 10%. About the festival visitors, over the period, the rate decreased by just under 20%.

While the writer did meet the minimum word count at just over 150 words, 152 words to be precise, this is not the word number that would offer the examiner an opportunity to grant you full scoring considerations based on the scoring rubic. Aim to write at least 175-180 words. The examiner oftentimes considers higher scoring considerations for those length of presentations.

Familiarize yourself with the different task 1 images used. There are charts, graphs, pie charts, tables, and other references used. Know what each type of measurement reference looks like. In this case, you misidentified the image as a chart when it is actually an intersecting line graph.

Neglecting to inform the reader in the summary about where the people visited and what trend developed over time will be points deducted from this presentation. It offers an incomplete summary overview and fails to solidly highlight the visitor trend in terms of highs and lows.

While you did present the immediately noticeable information from the task, the more intricate comparisons, which would have lengthened the presentation and increased the task accuracy score are missing. Refer to the image once again. Do you see the points where certain information abouit different places intersect / meet in the middle or overlap? These overlapping images should have been presented in the essay as points or numbers where the places had the same number of visitors during the same year.

This is a somewhat developed task 1 presentation. It could use more intricacies in the reporting and analysis sections using my suggestions above. Try it next time you have to write about a similar task. You will see a marked improvement in your presentation and scoring considerations.

Home / Writing Feedback / (writing task 1) The title: Percentage of tourists to Scotland who visited different attractions.