IELTS task 1 (The line graph reveals information on the waste output of three selected businesses)

Lily Eilish 1 / -  

The amount of waste produced by three companies over a period of 15 years

The line graph reveals information on the waste output of three selected businesses during the 15 year 2000-2015. Each unit is measured in tonnes.
From an overall perspective, while there was a significant decrease in the figure for company A and company B between 2000 and 2015, the reverse was witnessed for that of company C at the same time. By the year 2000, the figure for company A appeared to be by far the largest one, with roughly 12 tonnes, followed by the corresponding figure for company B, with approximately 8 tonnes. Nevertheless, the amount of waste produced by company C was found to be the lowest one, with about 4 tonnes by the starting year 2000.

Surprisingly, Company C found a growth in waste production of approximately 6 tonnes across the year 2000-2015. Conversely, the waste output of company A fell substantially to around 8 tonnes within 15 years, a huge decline of 1.5 times. In terms of the remaining category, company B, it displayed an increase of 2 tonnes by 2005, then declined considerably by the final year 2015, from nearly 10 tonnes to 3 tonnes.

The presentation has an error in the final presentation. You should have separated the trending sentence from the actual reporting and analysis presentation. The trend should have been merged with the summary overview for maximum scoring effectivity. This is actually a 3 paragraph essay, which you did present, just not in the correct manner so you would end up with scoring deductions more than anything else because of it.

Maybe it was an oversight on your part. You should have hit the return button at the point where the essay said

By the year 2000

. That was the point where a new paragraph, discussing the actual content of the line graph, should have been presented. It was a mistake anyone who is starting to write this task would make. You need to familiarize yourself with the cut-off points when it comes to clearly informing the reader.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS task 1 (The line graph reveals information on the waste output of three selected businesses)