Nowadays, we are living in a throw-away society. What are its causes and what are its problems?

oanhthunthin 1 / -  

THE TENDENCY TO adopt a throw-away lifestyle

These days, it is observed that we are now adopting a cast-away lifestyle. This could be attributed to a number of factors and it could affect humans quality of life and the economy of a country.

There are two main contributors to the shift away from a frugal lifestyle to come into a throw-away lifestyle among people. In every country all over the world, for many, purchasing the latest-version equipment has become a must-have decision to make. Since that, owning the most modern things is something not many individuals can achieve so that it could increase your self-confidence and earn other's respect. On the other hand, people keep being attracted to a wide variety of convenient goods and appealing ads, therefore, they get caught up in buying new and disposing of the old ones. This 'new one in, old one out' tendency is caused by the flood of mass-produced items at a low price in the markets, which explains the consumerism in every human being.

Living in a wasteful society may not pose any immediate restrictions but in the long run, it could have a stultifying impact on the economy of a nation or human health. Research has shown that inflation can only improve if the prices of imported goods fall due to decreasing demand. Reducing inflation is at the core of a country's economic development so increasing demand for advanced equipment and getting rid of old ones can hinder the economic development of a society. Furthermore, humans are still suffering from countless incurable health problems due to environmental pollution and we can only hope that the amount of non-biodegradable waste will be reduced. Throwing away items that are no longer needed will prolong the environmental problems and increase the number of deaths from those health issues simply because the increased amount of waste causes soil and air pollution.

In conclusion, the tendency among people to adopt a throw-away lifestyle can be ascribed to the high level of being wealthy or trendy. This development is deeply troubling as it would fail to enhance people's well-being and stultifying economic growth in the long run.
There is a lack of discussion outline in response to the questions from the original prompt. The topic presentations are expected to create the basis of the reasoning paragraph discussions. The restatement fails to include a reference to the discussion flow per question, which will be the basis of the TA score, which helps to decide if the essay will pass or fail.

The reasoning paragraphs are clear and connected enough. Although, the grammar structure could be better. Try to avoid referencing "research" in the explanations since these need to be based on personal knowledge / experience, or public knowledge. Research does not fall under that criteria. Since you can make up information, just frame the explanation as based on personal or public aspects.

Home / Writing Feedback / Nowadays, we are living in a throw-away society. What are its causes and what are its problems?