Luck and accomplishments - what matters?

Mia Nguyen 1 / -  

the road to success

In terms of success, some people believe that it is just a matter of luck to actualize their objectives. Whereas, I am of the opinion that success does not come along with fortune but with truly hard work and strong will.

To begin with, although chances equally come to everybody, not everyone can seize them eventually. Only the one who have prepared for them in advance can take advantage of the opportunities appeared on their way to their goals. The preparation might be performed by gaining knowledge and experience according to the professions they choose to follow. Without such preparation, individuals could hardly be qualified enough to carry out the opportunities they have.

Secondly, the road to success offers a wide range of challenges so that only strongest people can achieve regardless of luck. Fortune might help individuals fasten the process or solve the problems more easily. Moreover, it requires people to be relentless, determined and disciplined even though they encounter spectacular failure beforehand. For instance, it is considered to be lucky if one is offered a high-salary job after having a MBA degree but this does not guarantee one will become a successful manager in the long term if he or she does not put hard work into it.

In conclusion, I strongly believe that luck is not the only ingredient attributable to accomplishments. Furthermore, goal-achievers should equip themselves with the right mindset and thorough preparation
Maria - / 1,098 389  
@Mia Nguyen
Hi there! Welcome to the forum. I hope that this feedback somehow helps you in your writing endeavors. Please do not hesitate to approach us for more input on your writing - we always love to help!

Generally speaking, your writing composition in terms of technicalities is put-together. I couldn't find flaws that were distracting or that made it difficult to comprehend your text.

What I do recommend is trying to keep your writing more balanced. If we take a look at the conclusion, it seemed to still be lacking answers to some fundamental questions.For example, try tackling here why the first sentence of the paragraph is a justifiable approach to writing. If you are able to do this, you will surely have a more integrated and sophisticated approach to writing.

Home / Writing Feedback / Luck and accomplishments - what matters?