Lying has disturbed millions of relationships and transformed the previous friends to enemies

sallas 1 / 2  
For long years, lying has disturbed millions of relationships and transformed the previous friends to enemies. These historical experiences convince numerous people to consider the honestly as the most important factor in human relationships. Although I appreciate benefits of honestly in relationships, I oppose this statement, since truth oriented is just a policy and moreover, a healthy relation is made by varied qualities such a loyalty and sympathy which are as important as honestly.

First of all, preserving a healthy relationship is the most important feature between people, and choosing the truth is only a long term policy, but not the only one. During few years, many disastrous events may happen, but one should be strong enough to control them. For example, in business some white lies can save some relationship. A manager of a company can't confess on the weaknesses of his products when he is trying to find new markets for his goods. Therefore, hiding some facts can save the relationships between the customers and the company. Additionally, such behaviors provide opportunities for the manager to amend its products and reinforce the relation.

Second of all, a relationship between people possesses other aspects which are as important of the honestly, such as loyalty and kindness or protection. Unfortunately, some times these qualities are opposite each other. That means, one may lie for protecting another person. For instance, imagine, in a family, the father is a little sensitive about his child's grades in school. If the child achieves a poor grade, he may take corporal punishments. Without a doubt, since such treatment can hurt a child, the mother tries to hide the grades from his husband to protect his child.

Consequently, although truth provides huge benefits in a relation, I can't consider it as a most important point in a relationship. The truth is just a policy and can be changed according to situation. Moreover, there are other factors which are as important as honestly and it is a personal choose about the priority of them.
Salman, providing us with the prompt for this essay will help us analyze whether you answered the question properly or not. Kindly supply the question as soon as you can so that we can do a review of your essay based on accurate guidelines. You see, I have a problem understanding the following quote from your essay:

- What is the question being posed for you to answer? It is quite unclear and cannot easily be picked out of the introduction that you wrote because you discuss lying and honest in the same paragraph as two separate topics. Are they supposed to be connected in the discussion? If so, what is the connection? You need to clarify that as you make your stand on the topic being discussed.

The discussion that you posed becomes lost because of the lack of direction in the paragraphs. Your statements need to be developed with a particular direction, but without the prompt, I am not sure how to direct or correct what I can see are obvious mistakes in the discussion of the perceived topic. I hope to read the prompt soon so that I can help you give your essay the proper direction and paragraph topics that it requires in order to become coherent to the reader :-)
OP sallas 1 / 2  
Thanks for your attention, the question is this:

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement
"Always telling the truth is the most important consideration in any relationship between people."
Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer
Sallas, I will be offering my comments and suggestions below. The text in blue is my effort at cleaning up your paragraph. Anything I suggest is merely for your consideration. Whether you use it or not us up to you :-)

- This is the prompt that the essay has to answer and yet it is not represented in your introductory paragraph. Remember the essay writing rules? You need to restate the prompt, introduce how the discussion will be done, and then present your opinion. I believe that a new introduction is in order. At the moment, you seem to have jumped directly into the body of the essay.

- Man has always been experiencing the demise of relationships due to the existence of lies between friends, family members, and other members of society. Historically, we are led to believe that honesty is the most important consideration in the relationship between people. Yet somehow there seems to be a ring of untruth to this claim because honesty often results in more hurt and betrayal than lies have ever produced. That is why I am not in agreement with the aforementioned belief about truth. In my opinion, truth is not that important in a relationship because the truth also contributes to the destruction of some relationships.

- This could be your introductory paragraph. Note how it follows the rules for introduction writing. You can use this as a your template.

- This statement of yours has given me an idea that I believe you can use for this essay with much effectiveness. Have you considered writing this essay from a compare and contrast point of view? By writing the essay as a side by side comparison of the good and bad effects of lying and telling the truth, you will be able to properly support your claim that telling the truth is over-rated because it causes more harm than good to tell the truth.

You have actually began discussing the lying and telling the truth foundations and results in your 2nd and 3rd paragraphs. So if you build upon those discussions, you will be able to present a new way of looking at the issue. Discussing direct to the point about this prompt is already old and tired. You have stumbled upon a new way to look at the topic. I wonder if you can develop it further? The reason I ask is because in actual essay tests, creativity in the presentation of an argument is also awarded points. The more interesting and fresh you can make your discussion, the better your grade or chance of passing will be.

If you want to give that version a try, I will be more than willing to guide you in developing it. That will be a new essay writing skill that you can develop and use in the future :-)
OP sallas 1 / 2  
About restating the the question I tried to do this by this sentence

These historical experiences convince numerous people to consider the honestly as the most important factor in human relationships .

Doesn't this statement do the restatement in my introduction?

Home / Writing Feedback / Lying has disturbed millions of relationships and transformed the previous friends to enemies