IELTS Task 1 main source of energy in US in 1980 and 1990

samenmohammad 10 / 19  
Task:
The two graphs show the main sources of energy in the USA in the 1980s and the 1990s.

Write a report for a university lecturer describing the changes which occurred.

The graphs illustrate the percentage of five different sources of energy in the USA in 1980 and 1990. As can be seen, major changes have been in oil consuming and using nuclear power.

According to the pie charts, the most important source of energy has been oil so that 42% and 33% of total sources allocated to oil in 1980 and 1990 respectively.

Although using coal comprise 22% of total source usage in 1980, this proportion increased in these years and reached to 27% in 1990.
As regards natural gas, there was a slight decline in the usage of this green source of energy, from 26% in to 25% in 1990.
When it comes to nuclear power, there was a increase in the usage of this new type of energy, from only 5% in 1980 to 10% in 1990.
However, the percentage of using hydro electronic power has remained stable at 5% over this period.
This conclusion can be drawn that new sources of energy are going to be replaced by the old one.

Thanks for your attention in advance
Jennyflower81 - / 690 96  
The graphs illustrate the percentage of five different energy sources of energy in the USA infrom 1980 and 1990. As can be seenIt is evident that major changes have beenoccurred in oil consumption and using nuclear power usage .

According to the pie charts, the most important source of energy has been oil, so that 42% and 33% of total energy resources allocated to oil in 1980 and 1990 respectively.

Although using coal comprises 22% of total source usage in 1980, this proportion increased in these yearsby the next decade and reached to 27% in 1990.

AsIn regards to natural gas, there was a slight decline in the usage of this green source of energy, from 26% in to 25% in 1990.

Could you expand on your conclusion a bit? Add one more sentence perhaps? Nice job with this paper, well done :)

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Task 1 main source of energy in US in 1980 and 1990