[Task 2] What makes a good teacher? Training or personal qualities?

yon959 6 / 7 4  
Sorry to post both tasks in the previous thread. Thanks, admin helping me to delete the inappropriate writing in the previous thread.

I welcome everyone's comments and please help to estimate my score for writing in General Training. :)

Topic:
Some people believe that anybody can be a teacher, if he is trained properly. Others think that there are some personal qualities a good teacher should have. To what extent do you agree or disagree with the statement?

My writing:
A health education system is a fundamental element of a successful city. The discussion on what makes a good teacher has always sparked hot debate. Some said training is sufficient while other argue that some personal qualities such as patience and passionated about education are far more important. I firmly agree that some particular personal characters are the keys of being a good teacher.

To begin with, patience is a natural born character which is hard to be altered. With patience, teachers are eager to deal with difficult students who may express themselves through violence and breaking the school rules. In such extreme cases, teachers' patience plays an important role to identify and tackle the root cases which may be family issues or even mental illnesses. In my perspective, teaching is not only a knowledge transfer process but a cruicial personality polishing step. Obviously, only patient teachers are willing to educate and guide students at various levels and backgrounds.

Secondly, some only work as teacher for a well-paid job only. This kind of teachers is not passionated about education, nevertheless, they only want to deliver the book information to students only. In general, students' problem is never a matter to them and in turn, students will not open their minds for any discussion with such heartless teachers. For instance, one of my secondary teachers is my life-long guiding person who does not only teach me the knowledge but also guides me to differentiate right and wrong. Passionated teachers can impress students with their true hearts and bring students towards a right track in lives.

To conclude, teacher training can provide soft skills for teaching only but cannot ensure the teacher-to-be is willing to nurture our next generation. Commonly, teacher is considered as a role model of students whom may lead to permanent influences to our young people. Personal qualities of teacher do not only shape the teachers themselves but also our students.
hirani03 36 / 50 5  
Hello yon959..
Here are some feedback that I can give you after reading your essay.

1. For instance, one of my secondary teachers is my life-long guiding person who does notdid not only teach me the knowledge but guides guided me to differentiate the rightthing and wrong thing . PassionatedPassionate teachers can impress students with their ...

2. Personal qualities of teacher do not only shapeconstruct the teachers themselves but also our students.

Keep writing and sharing.
Faridadwi18 67 / 104 13  
Hi yon,

- A health educationeducational system is a fundamental ...
- The discussion on what makeshow to be a good teacher has ...
- In my perspective, teaching is not only a knowledge transfer process but also a cruicialcrucial (spelling) personality polishing step.
- ... but also guides me to differentiate between right and wrong.

Hopefully it helps.
OP yon959 6 / 7 4  
Thanks everyone providing comments!

Many thanks

Home / Writing Feedback / [Task 2] What makes a good teacher? Training or personal qualities?