WRITING TASK 2: Measures for intelligence

dilema 1 / -  
Question: Some people think that success is the best measure for intelligence, while others think that intelligence can be measured in other ways. What is your opinion?

Answer:

There has been much discussion revolving around the issue of whether intelligence is best measured by success or other ways. While success can be a way to display intelligence, it is showcased more objectively and effectively by various means. This essay will discuss why intelligence should be measured by many factors rather than success alone.

Undobtedlly, an intellect individual is often more successful than those who not, but that not always the case. For example, people originated from wealthy families can achieve the same success if not more through their connections and high social status. Whereas people born into poverty can hardly achieve anything significant because of the lack of opportunities, even when they are smarter than general. For these reasons, success is not a definitive measure for intelligence.

Conversely, there are many ways to accurately measured intelligence. For instance, in education, people can showcase various aspects of intelligence through different subjects and get graded correctly through tests. Similary, intelligence can be displayed in working area, through an individual's high efficiency and high productivity.

By showcasing intellegence in different environment, we can measure intelligence more objective and effective.

In conclusion, while success can be a measured for intellgence, there are better ways to measure it. I belive intelligence is best showcased through various means beyond achievement and success.

P/s: Im struggling with vocabularies, grammar and repeating word (i think i did fine with the reason though, hopefully it even out). Pls i need some advice and grade my essay if possible, i need to know where Im at and what need to improve for a band 7+
This essay will discuss

You are being asked for your direct opinion. That means, you have to discuss this essay from the first person point of view. That means, you have to use first person pronouns right from the start. Consider the way you formed the sentence. This essay will discuss. The essay cannot discuss anything since the essay is an inanimate object. As such, it cannot discuss anything. Take ownership of the essay. Say "I will discuss" because that is what the instruction asks you to do. You should also consider that the TA score will be based on your clearly stated opinion, within the restatement + writer's opinion paragraph. Try to ensure that you do that for the best possible preliminary score.
Nandia701 1 / 2  
In the first body paragraph, you mention that an intelligent individual is often more successful, but you acknowledge exceptions. Consider providing more examples or elaborating on these exceptions to strengthen your argument.

Be cautious with typos and grammar. For example, "Undobtedlly" should be spelled "Undoubtedly," and "intellect" should be "intelligent." A thorough proofread can improve the professionalism of your essay.

In the second body paragraph, you discuss ways to measure intelligence, such as education and the workplace. Ensure clarity by separating these ideas into distinct sentences. Additionally, consider providing specific examples or evidence to support your claims.

Home / Writing Feedback / WRITING TASK 2: Measures for intelligence